Pumpkin & Sausage Skillet Pancake is the easiest way to make pancakes.
PUMPKIN & SAUSAGE SKILLET PANCAKE
My family enjoys pancakes, but I do not enjoy making them. It seems like it takes forever to make enough pancakes to feed my family. I have a great Pumpkin Pancake recipe which everyone has asked me to make, so I decided to make one large Pumpkin & Sausage Skillet Pancake using my cast iron skillet. I browned one pound of sausage in my skillet. Then, I mixed up my Pumpkin Pancake recipe and added it to my skillet on top of the sausage and baked it. Wow! I loved how easy and delicious this skillet Pumpkin Pancake turned out. I used my ten inches cast iron skillet.
Use 10 Cast Iron Skillet
This Pumpkin & Sausage Skillet Pancake was much thicker than usual pancakes as you can see in the pictures. I do not recommend a cast iron skillet smaller than ten inches. It would make the pancake even thicker.
Super Moist Skillet Pumpkin Pancake
This skillet pancake was super moist from the pumpkin and full of fall spices like cinnamon, allspice, and ginger. The Pumpkin Pancakes with real maple syrup are a little sweet, so the sausage on the bottom was a wonderful treat.
Sweet and Salty combination
The sausage added a little saltiness. This sweet and salty combination makes me want to do my “Happy Dance.” If you want to enjoy pancakes but do not want all the work, try this Pumpkin & Sausage Skillet Pancake. We all enjoyed it.
Pumpkin & Sausage Skillet Pancake
- 1 pound ground sausage
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 egg
- Two tablespoons vegetable oil
- Two tablespoons vinegar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Four tablespoons brown sugar
- Two teaspoons baking powder
- And one teaspoon baking soda
- Plus one teaspoon ground allspice
- One teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Brown the sausage in the cast iron skillet.
- In a medium bowl, mix the milk, pumpkin, egg, oil, and vinegar.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, allspice, cinnamon, ginger, and salt.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix just until everything is combined. Do not over mix.
- Bake 350 degrees for 25 minutes OR until a toothpick comes out clean once inserted into the center.
Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and add the mixture on top of the cooked sausage.
100% Free 30-page ebook Cooking Tips & Hacks including Quick and Easy Recipes
...So you can spend precious time with your family around the table enjoying a meal together.