Thank you for stopping by Recipes for our Daily Bread to see these Resurrection Cookies.
These cookies are the perfect cookie to help teach kids and grandchildren about the Resurrection of Jesus.
I am going to show you how easy it is to make these Resurrection Cookies.
What are Resurrection Cookies? These cookies are not just about eating a cookie. They are used to help teach the Resurrection of Jesus. The cookies are found empty!
Each ingredient represents why or how Jesus died on the Cross. These Resurrection Story Cookies have few ingredients. They are easy to make and excellent. Resurrection Story Cookies are designed to be made the night before Easter Sunday. After preheating the oven, it is turned completely off. Next, the cookies are placed in the oven. The oven door is sealed with a piece of tape until Easter Sunday morning. On Resurrection Morning, open the oven and give everyone a cookie. Yes, these Resurrection Story Cookies before breakfast! Notice the cracks and take a bite.
The cookies are found empty! Explain: That on the first Resurrection morning, Jesus’ followers were amazed to find the tomb open and empty! Jesus’ had risen!!! Read MATTHEW 28:1-9
These Resurrection Cookies are a great tool to help teach about the Resurrection of Jesus.
This post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you purchase these products BUT it will not cost you any extra money.
Please see my disclosure.
These are some of my favorite items to help celebrate and teach Jesus Resurrection.
- RESURRECTION EGGS
- JESUS RESURRECTION
- THE EASTER STORY
- BERENSTAIN BEARS EASTER STORY
- JESUS CROSS
- JESUS LOVES ME
Resurrection Story Cookies Steps & Recipe
- 1 cup whole pecans
- One teaspoon vinegar
- Three egg whites
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup sugar
- Ziplock bag
- Wooden spoon
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Place pecans in the ziplock bag and let the children beat them with a wooden spoon to break them into little pieces. Explain: That after Jesus was arrested, He was beaten by the Roman soldier. Read JOHN 19: 1-3
- Let each child taste the vinegar. Put one teaspoon in a mixing bowl. Explain: That when Jesus was thirsty on the cross, He was given vinegar to drink. Read JOHN 19: 28-30
- Add egg whites to the vinegar. Explain: That eggs represent life and that Jesus gave His life to give us life. Read JOHN 10:10-11
- Sprinkle a small pinch of salt in each child’s hand. Let them taste it and brush the rest into the bowl. Explain: That this represents the tears shed by Jesus’ followers and the bitterness of our sin. Read LUKE 23:27
- Add 1 cup of sugar. Explain: That the sweetest part of the story is that Jesus died because He loves us. He wants us to know and belong to Him. Read Psalm 34:8 and John 3:16
- Beat with a mixer on high-speed for 13 to 15 minutes until stiff peaks form. When you raise up the beaters, the egg whites will stick to the beaters without dropping. Explain: The color white represents the purity in God’s eyes of those whose sins have been cleaned by Jesus. Read Isaiah 1:18 and John 3:1-3
- Gently fold the broken pecans into the egg whites. Drop by teaspoons onto a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper. To make it easier, I used a one teaspoon size ice cream scoop. Explain: that each mound represents the rocky tomb where Jesus’ body was laid. Read MATTHEW 27: 57-60
- Put the cookie sheet in the oven, close the oven door and turn the oven OFF. Give each child a piece of tape and seal the oven door. Explain that Jesus’ tomb was sealed. Read MATTHEW 27:65-66
- Send the children to bed! Explain that they may feel sad to leave the cookies in the oven overnight. Jesus’ followers were sad when the tomb was sealed. Read JOHN 16:20 and 22
- On Resurrection Morning, open the oven and give everyone a cookie. Yes, a cookie before breakfast! Notice the cracks and take a bite. The cookies are empty! Explain: That on the first Resurrection morning, Jesus’ followers were amazed to find the tomb open and empty! Jesus’ had risen!!! Read MATTHEW 28:1-9
Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.