Are you looking for a cute Easter treat? Your kids and grandchildren will love Colorful Chocolate Dipped Rice Krispie Easter Eggs.
Kids of all ages love Rice Krispie Treats. I know my teens, and young adults still love them especially if they are homemade.
You can see their hands in the bowl below cleaning up every bit of the Rice Krispy treats from the bowl. I simply ask them to turn their hands around. They were already scraping the bowl with their fingers.
My point is that kids of all ages love Rice Krispie Treats. Why not make Rice Krispies Treat Easter Eggs?
I am going to teach you how to make these cute treats the easiest way.
If you are looking for other easy Easter treats, try the following:
- SPRINGTIME SPRINKLES POUND CAKE
- EASTER OREO’S
- Easy Lemon Blueberry Cake
- BEST LEMON TREATS
- Easy Coconut Cake
- STRAWBERRY PRETZEL SALAD
- NO-BAKE COCONUT PIE
- Carrot Butterscotch Toffee Poke Cake
- ULTIMATE LEMON POUND CAKE
- Easy Lemonade Cake
How to make Easter Egg shaped Rice Krispies?
Follow the directions on the back of the box for making Rice Krispie Treats except make one and a half times the recipe. See measurements for one and a half times the recipe in the ingredients below. Be sure to spray your spoon well with a cooking spray when combining the ingredients. Press the Rice Krispies down into an 11 x 17 baking sheet that has been sprayed with a cooking spray. Allow the Rice Krispies to set up or stiffen up. Use an Easter Egg shape cookie cutter and cut out the Rice Krispies. Place on another cookie sheet lined with wax or parchment paper. Use a spoon to put one to two tablespoons of chocolate on each Easter Egg shaped Rice Krispie.
Spread the chocolate out using a knife or smooth edge. Allow the chocolate to dry before adding the melted candy colors. After the chocolate dries, use a spoon and slowly drizzle the melted candy over the hardened chocolate.
What Chocolate Should You Use?
To make a good tasting dipped anything, you have to have good chocolate or at least chocolate that you enjoy eating. In my case, I love Ghirardelli chocolate! After visiting San Francisco years ago and Ghirardelli, I was sold on their chocolate especially their hot fudge. Anyway, if you are eating something dipped in chocolate it needs to takes delicious. For this reason, I am not a fan of candy melts. However, candy melts make it so easy to add color to any food dipped in it. I have found that dipping the pretzels in white chocolate first and then adding a little color with candy melts, candy or sprinkles work great.
Melting Chocolate in Slow Cooker VS. Microwave
After years of dipping chocolate covered pretzels, strawberries, Rice Krispie Treats and more, I have found that the easiest way is to melt the chocolate in a slow cooker. You may think melting the chocolate in the microwave is easier, but the problem with the melt microwave chocolate is it gets hard after a couple of minutes. I used my slow cooker to make these Rice Krispies Treat Easter Eggs.
THE BEST CHOCOLATE DIPPING MELTING TIPS!
I used 2 cups of Ghirardelli White Chocolate
- One bag Ghirardelli White & Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1 tablespoon of shortening.
Use wide mouth MASON JARS, one per different type of chocolate, candy melts or Almond Bark and add the chips to the Mason Jars.
Place the jars in a slow cooker.
- Fill the slow cooker with hot water halfway up the Mason Jars.
- Do not get any water inside the Mason Jars on the chocolate.
- Turn the slow cooker on high
- Do not cover the slow cooker with the lid or anything else. Moisture from the lid will drip on the chocolate.
- The chocolate will be totally melted after 30 minutes.
- Once the chocolate melts, turn the slow cooker to low.
- The chocolate will keep drizzle consistency for at least an hour.
If you are in a hurry, melt the chocolate jars in the microwave for one minute and stir. Place them in the slow cooker surrounded by hot water. Once the slow cooker heats up, turn it down on low.
Again, kids of all ages love Rice Krispie Treats. Why not make Rice Krispies Treat Easter Eggs? Try using a slow cooker to melt your chocolate and candy melts.
For your convenience, below are the products used in this post.
This post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you purchase these products BUT it will not cost you any extra money.
Please see my disclosure.
- EASTER CANDY
- EASTER DISHES
- Slow Cooker
- Mason Jars
- Chocolate Dipping Tools
- Chocolate for Dipping
- Candy Melts
HOW TO MAKE ADORABLE COLORFUL RICE KRISPIE EASTER EGGS
- RICE KRISPIES
- 11 x 17 baking sheet
- USE: Make 1 -1/2 times the recipe on box
- Five tablespoons butter
- 6 cups of Marshmallows
- 9 cups Rice Krispies
- Easter Egg Cookie Cutter
- White Chocolate chips
- Milk Chocolate Chips
- Colorful Candy Melts
- MELT CHOCOLATE IN SLOW COOKER SEE ABOVE IN SUMMARY
- In a large saucepan melt butter.
- Next, add marshmallows and stir until completely melted
- coat a spoon well with cooking spray
- Remove from heat and stir in Rice Krispies
- Use wax paper and press it down on top of the Rice Krispies on the baking sheet.
- Be sure to Allow Marshmallows to set up.
- Use an Easter Egg cookie cutter and cut out Rice Krispie Treats
- Spoon a couple of tablespoon of chocolate on the Easter Egg Rice Krispies
- Spread evenly
- Next, Allow the chocolate to dry a few minutes
- Last, use a spoon or fork and drizzle melted candy melts over the Rice Krispies.
- Store in an air-tight container
Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.