If you are looking for an easy, inexpensive, and delicious recipe, try this Italian Roasted Whole Chicken with Green Beans. Super simple and tasty too!
First Step: Preheat oven To Cook
Italian Roasted Whole Chicken With Green Beans
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
Second Step: Prepare and Stuff the Whole Chicken
- After cleaning and trimming the chicken, stuff the cavity with chopped onion, celery, and 1/4 cup melted butter. Season the cavity generously with salt, and pepper.
Third Step: Italian Roasted Whole Chicken
- To make this easy Italian Whole Chicken with Green Beans:
- Fold the wings across the back of the chicken, so the tips are touching.
- On a rack in a shallow roasting pan or 13 x 9-inch pan, place chicken, breast side up.
Fourth Step: Butter and Seasonings
- Slice the fresh garlic. Loosen the skin and stuff it with chunks of garlic.
- Next, melt the butter and add the Italian seasonings and granulated garlic.
- Rub the whole chicken down with this mixture.
- Next, add a cup of chicken broth around the chicken.
Fifth Step: Must Use Thermometer
- Insert an ovenproof meat thermometer, so the tip is in the thickest part of the thigh but does not touch the bone. Before removing the chicken, make sure the internal temperature reads at least 165°F but no more than 170 degrees F when you take it out.
Six Step: Roasted Whole Chicken
- Roast uncovered in the oven for about 45 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 375.
Seventh Step: Add the Green Beans And Continue Cooking
Adding Vegetables To Make It A One Pot Meal
When preparing whole roasted chicken, I like to add vegetables. In this recipe, I use a couple of cans of green beans to the bottom of the roaster. The green beans soak up the drippings from the chicken. The drippings make the green beans incredibly flavorful and tasty. It is full of garlic and Italian seasoning which gives the chicken lots of great flavor.
- Arrange the green beans around the chicken with 1/2 cup of chicken broth. Roast uncovered 375 degrees F. for another 40 minutes or until the thermometer reads at least 165°F and the veggies are tender. Cover loosely with foil; let stand 15 to 20 minutes before carving.
- If the chicken gets too brown before the temperature reaches 165 degrees F., add a piece of foil around the whole chicken.
After you clean out the bird and wash it, stuff the chicken with the onion, celery, salt, and pepper. Pour 1/4 cup butter over these vegetables.
Roasted Garlic Chicken & Green Beans
- 1 whole chicken 4 pounds
- one onion chopped small
- one celery stalk chopped small
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup butter 1/4 cup added to seasonings & 1/4 cup added to the cavity of the chicken
- 1 cup chicken broth 1/2 cup used two separate times.
- one tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- wash and clean the chicken
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Melt the butter and add the Italian seasoning and granulated garlic.
- Stuff the chicken with the chopped onion, celery, salt, and pepper.
- Add 1/4 cup melted butter to the cavity of the chicken on top of the onions & celery.
- Loosen the skin and place the sliced garlic under it.
- Pour half of the melted butter with the Italian seasoning and granulated garlic over the chicken and rub it around real good.
- Add 1/2 cup chicken broth to the bottom of the roaster.
- Roast the chicken in the preheated 425-degree oven for 30 minutes. This will help brown the skin.
- Remove the chicken from the oven.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 375 degrees F.
- Add two cans of green beans under the chicken. You want the green beans to be in the bottom of the roaster.
- Add 1/2 cup additional chicken broth.
- Return to the oven at 375 degrees about 45 minutes.
- Chicken should read 165 degrees F when using a thermometer. DO NOT OVERCOOK! It will continue cooking while resting.
- Let chicken rest.
Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.