Greek Roasted Whole Chicken with Garlic Butter
is incredibly moist and delicious.
If you are a mushroom fan, be sure to add them. The mushrooms soak up the garlic butter and are amazing with the drippings from Greek Roasted Whole Chicken.
These Roasted Whole Chicken make an easy one-pot dinner. Whole Chickens are a pretty inexpensive way to feed your family. Inexpensive, easy to make and super moist and flavorful are excellent reasons for preparing whole chickens. For lots of flavor and to make the chicken very juicy, use an injector. Inject melted butter directly into each whole chicken. I add garlic, Greek seasoning, and Parmesan cheese on the outside of the chicken. I also added some chopped onions and zucchini along with sliced mushrooms. The vegetables absorb the butter and seasonings, and they are amazing.
The mushrooms are especially my favorite. Every time I make Roasted Whole Chickens I am so tempted only to add mushrooms. The mushrooms especially absorb the seasonings and taste amazing. If you are looking for an inexpensive, delicious recipe to feed your family, try these Roasted Whole Chickens with Garlic Butter.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
Second Step: Whole Chicken
- To make this easy Greek Roasted Whole Chickens with Garlic Butter
- Fold the wings across the back of the chicken so the tips are touching.
- On a rack in a shallow roasting pan or 13 x 9-inch pan, place chicken, breast side up.
Third Step: To Make Greek Roasted Whole Chicken
- Next, use an injector and inject one stick of melted butter into each chicken.
- Brush some of the butter on the skin of the chicken.
Fourth Step: Must Use Thermometer
- Insert an ovenproof meat thermometer so the tip is in the thickest part of the thigh but does not touch the bone. Before removing the chicken, make sure the internal temperature reads at least 165°F but no more than 170 degrees F when you take it out.
Fifth Step: Season The Chicken
- Next, season the chicken well with Greek seasoning. You can easily find it at your local grocery store. Plus, add some extra granulated garlic.
Six Step: Roast Whole Chicken
- Roast uncovered in the oven for about 45 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 375.
Seventh Step: Add the Vegetables And Continue Cooking
- Arrange the vegetables, mushrooms, squash, and onion around the chicken. Sprinkle the vegetables with the remaining teaspoon of Greek seasoning and Parmesan cheese. Roast uncovered 375 degrees F. for another 40 minutes or until the thermometer reads at least 165°F and the veggies are tender. Cover loosely with foil; let stand 15 to 20 minutes before carving.
- If the chicken gets too brown before the temperature reaches 165 degrees F., add a piece of foil around the whole chicken.
Roasted Whole Chicken with Garlic Butter
- 2 Whole Chickens
- 3 Teaspoons Greek Seasonings Cavenders
- 2 sticks butter
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 2 to 3 yellow squash
- 1 med onion sliced thin
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven 425 degrees
- Wash whole chickens
- Place the chickens in a large roaster.
- Inject a stick of melted butter into each whole chicken
- sprinkle each chicken with 1 teaspoon of Greek seasoning (I use Cavenders) and 1 teaspoon granulated garlic.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add the sliced mushrooms, sliced onion, and large sliced yellow squash.
- Add the remaining teaspoon of Greek seasoning on the vegetables.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan Cheese all over the chicken and vegetables.
- Return to the oven at 375 degrees for 40 minutes. Depending on how large your chickens are.
- Remove the chicken when the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Let the chicken rest for 20 minutes. It will continue to cook.