The flavors are Outstanding! Mushrooms absorb all the flavors of the sausage, cheese, garlic, and seasonings in this Mushroom Alfredo Pasta with Sausage.
This creamy Mushroom Alfredo recipe is made at my house weekly. To make it different, I use different kinds of pasta and vegetables with this Alfredo almost every week. I have made Blackened Salmon Pasta Alfredo, Tortellini Alfredo Spinach & Sausage, Blackened Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo, and Blackened Chicken Alfredo.
Sausage Mushroom Alfredo Pasta
They are all incredibly delicious, but this Sausage Mushroom Alfredo is one of my favorites. I cannot tell you how amazing the mushrooms are. They genuinely absorb all the flavors of the garlic, blackening, Parmesan, and Italian sausage. I use Italian sausage, which also adds a lot of flavors. This pasta has two tablespoons of blackening. It is not hot nor spicy but has a ton of flavor. This pasta was a mouth dropping, home run out of the park recipe. The flavors were incredible!
Homemade Blackening Seasoning Recipe
Try this homemade blackening seasoning recipe instead of ZATARAIN’S.
This one teaspoon recipe is also tasty.
This post contains affiliate links.
I will make a small commission if you purchase these products, BUT it will not cost you any extra money.
Please see my disclosure.
Sausage Mushroom Alfredo
- 1 pound Italian sausage ground, browned
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 2 tbsp blackening seasoning
- 2 tablespoons garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper black pepper
- 12 ounces Penne Pasta OR 12 ounces of Fettuccine. I used Fusilli. NO more than 12 ounces.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups half and half
- 1- ½ cups grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta according to the package and drain.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground sausage.
- Add the two tablespoons of butter.
- Add the garlic, blackening, and pepper to the skillet.
- Stir in the whipping cream (heavy cream) half and half.
- Bring the cream to a boil.
- Add the sliced mushrooms.
- Reduce the heat and continue cooking until mixture starts to thicken and mushrooms are tender.
- Add the cooked pasta.
- Mix in the grated Parmesan Cheese until melted.
- The Alfredo will thicken up as it sits. If it gets too thick, add a few tablespoons of half and a half.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy
Salmon Alfredo Pasta
This Blackened Salmon Pasta Alfredo is the perfect combination of spiciness with the blackened seasoning with the creamy homemade Alfredo.
Sausage Alfredo Pasta
Chicken Alfredo Sauce Pasta