This easy to make homemade Spinach Alfredo recipe is creamy, flavorful and perfect for a delicious Skillet Chicken Alfredo Pizza.
This Skillet Chicken Spinach Alfredo pizza was inspired by my Spinach Dip French Bread recipe. The spinach alfredo dip is fantastic and makes an incredibly tasty Pizza. I make the Spinach Dip all the time, but this is the first time I made a pizza with it. Recently, I ordered a chicken spinach alfredo pizza, and a lightbulb went off. My family makes fun of me, but after one bite of the pizza we had ordered, I said: “I could make a tastier spinach alfredo pizza.” One of my children said, “Mom why don’t you use your Spinach Dip for the pizza?” That was a great idea! So, I used my amazing flavorful spinach alfredo dip to my this skillet chicken spinach alfredo pizza. It turned out scrumptious.
Let me show you how easy it is to prepare. Below are step by step instructions.
Preheat the Oven & Prepare the Skillet
While the oven is preheating to 400 degrees, take out your cast iron skillet or an oven safe 10 or 12-inch skillet. Add about a tablespoon of vegetable oil on a paper towel and rub the inside of the skillet well with the oil.
Cast Iron Skillet To Make Pizza
If you have never used your cast iron skillet to make a pizza, you are missing out. The bottom and sides of the crust get incredibly crunchy while the center stays nice and soft. The crunchy soft crust is particularly the case when using a smaller skillet where the dough is thick.
Pizza Crust for this Skillet Chicken Spinach Alfredo Pizza
At the Roark home, we make a lot of different kinds of pizza with various kinds of dough. I have made pizza using homemade pizza dough, frozen yeast rolls, frozen yeast bread, and store-bought pizza crust. But for a quick weekday meal, I grab a can of Pillsbury pizza dough found with the can biscuits. This recipe includes one can of Pillsbury Classic Pizza Crust. Just unroll the pizza dough and place it into the prepared skillet. I pre-baked the pizza dough for 15 minutes on 400 degrees before adding the toppings.
Spinach Alfredo Sauce
The sauce or base for this pizza is a combination of cream cheese, Mayonaise, sour cream, Mozzarella cheese, Worcestershire sauce, granulated garlic, salt, pepper, Parmesan cheese, and spinach. It is super flavorful!
TIP: This Spinach Alfredo Makes Enough For Two Pizzas
I used my spinach alfredo dip recipe to make one 12-inch skillet pizza. It was delicious but a little thick. Next time, I am going to make two pizza with this spinach alfredo mixture.
Let’s Talk Chicken
Season a chicken or two depending on the size with salt, pepper, garlic, and Italian seasoning. Completely cover both sides well with the seasoning and bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes. You can do this a day to 4 or 5 days in advance. If you cook the chicken ahead of time, it will help you whip up this skillet chicken spinach alfredo pizza in no time.
How About the Cheese?
Cover the top of the chicken and spinach alfredo with cheese. You can add as much or as little cheese as you would like. We love melted gooey cheese on our pizza’s so I added two cups of Mozzarella cheese to cover all our pizzas.
CHICKEN ALFREDO PIZZA
- Use a cast iron skillet or oven-proof skillet plus one tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 - 13.8 ounce can Pillsbury Classic Pizza Dough
- SPINACH ALFREDO RECIPE
- 1 - 10- ounce package frozen chopped spinach thawed and drained
- 4 ounces cream cheese soften
- 8 ounces sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese in Spinach Alfredo
- Two teaspoons granulated garlic
- One tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- One teaspoon salt
- And one teaspoon black pepper
- Top with One - package bacon cooked hard & crumbled up
- And A cup Mozzarella cheese on top of everything.
- Preheat oven 400 degrees
- PREPARE SPINACH ALFREDO (makes enough for two pizzas)
- Drain spinach and pat dry with paper towels
- Mix the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, Mozzarella cheese, granulated garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and black pepper.
- Wipe the cast iron skillet well with a tablespoon of Vegetable oil.
- Unroll the Pizza dough and lay it flat in the skillet.
- Press the edges of the dough to the sides of the skillet.
- BAKE PIZZA DOUGH 15 minutes.
- Season the chicken well with salt, pepper, garlic, and Italian seasoning.
- BAKE 350 degrees for 25 minutes
- Chop the chicken into bite size pieces.
Assemble The Skillet Chicken Spinach Alfredo Pizza
Remove the crust from the oven.
Layer on half of the Spinach Alfredo Recipe
Add the chopped chicken.
Crumble up the bacon and sprinkle it on to of the cheese mixture.
Top everything with another cup of Mozzarella cheese.
BAKE 400 degrees for 20 minutes OR UNTIL cheese and Alfredo are melted and gooey.
Remove Pizza from the oven before the cheese is brown.
SLICE & ENJOY A PIECE!
Sign up for my newsletters below. You will receive downloadable recipes plus updates letting you know when I add a new recipe.
Have a Fabulous Week!
Follow Recipes For Our Daily Bread On Social Media
Other Recipes You May Enjoy
- One-Pot Pepperoni Pizza Mac and Cheese
- SLOW COOKER BBQ CHICKEN PIZZA
- SECRETS MOIST MEATLOAF
- ONE SKILLET ROLO SKILLET COOKIE
100% Free 30-page ebook Cooking Tips & Hacks including Quick and Easy Recipes
...So you can spend precious time with your family around the table enjoying a meal together.