I am excited you have landed here to see this terrific tasting and easy to make Skillet Pesto Chicken Breast.
Why am I so excited you are here? This Skillet Pesto Chicken Breast is one of my favorite go-to recipes which makes me excited to teach you how to make it. I even added a video below.
Because we all have busy lives, this one pot one skillet Pesto Chicken Breast is quick easy and delicious. You will spend less time in the kitchen.
It is not only easy to make, but I cannot tell you how delicious it tastes. It is also pretty healthy too. Pesto is loaded with greens and garlic which are both excellent for you. To make this recipe even easier, I also have a jar of pesto in my kitchen.
My homemade pesto is also delicious and super easy to make using a mini food processor. But when I do not have the ingredients on hand to make homemade pesto, I grab store-bought jar of Pesto. This applies in particular to this chicken since it is a go-to recipe and prepared often.
What will you need to make Skillet Pesto Chicken Breast?
I never thought I could make something healthier tastes so delicious. To prepare Skillet Pesto Chicken Breast, you will need a chicken breast, salt, pepper, garlic, Pesto, Mozzarella cheese, and sliced tomatoes.
How easy is this Skillet Pesto Chicken to prepare?
This Skillet Pesto Chicken breast is easy to cook in your skillet by layering each ingredient. After the chicken breast is done and the other ingredients have been layered on top of it, place the lid on the skillet. The steam will melt the cheese and warm all of the layered toppings in minutes. When the cheese melts, remove the lid and enjoy a gooey delicious Skillet Pesto Chicken Breast.
Easy Skillet Recipes
If you are like most families leading super busy lives, you probably rely a lot on fast food or pizza delivery for dinner. You already know eating this way is unhealthy and can get expensive but you have little energy and no time to prepare a meal. Many people give up on ever having a sit-down home cooked meal with their families around a table.
You do not have to have a gourmet kitchen, lots of money nor tons of time to accomplish a homemade meal with your family. Easy skillet recipes are perfect for a quick and easy weeknight meal.
My Cast Iron Skillet
I will admit you can use any skillet, but I love my cast iron skillet and highly recommend it. Below I added a list on how to care for your cast iron skillet to keep it usable forever. The cast iron skillet below is close to hundred years old. It belonged to my husband’s grandma who gave it to me when she was in her 90’s.
My Cast Iron Skillet is one of my Favorite things in my kitchen. I could not end this post without giving you some tips for helping you take care of your Cast Iron Skillet.
Caring For Cast Iron Skillet
As you can see in this picture, I love using my cast iron skillet. The skillet in the picture is almost a hundred years old. It belonged to my husband’s grandmother who gave it to me when she was in her 90’s. She used it often and took well care of it.
- Rinse your cast iron cookware with hot water. If anything is stuck on it, use a stiff brush to remove it. DO NOT use soap! It will break down the oil which has seasoned the cast iron.
- After rinsing your cast iron cookware, dry it immediately and well. If water remains on cast iron, it will rust. After drying my skillet with a towel, I wipe it down lightly with a cooking oil. Next, I place it on a burner on my stove long enough to heat the entire skillet. Heating it up makes sure no water remains. Do not forget to wash and wipe down the lip with cooking oil.
- Store your cast iron in a cool, dry place. Place folded paper towels on it before adding the lid on top.
Download 50 Southern Side Dishes
Join 5000 people who follow our newsletter and download these recipes FREE.
Why do you need this flavorful Skillet Pesto Chicken Breast? It is one of my favorite go-to recipes which is terrific and ready to eat in 30 minutes. Use homemade pesto or store bought.
- One CHICKEN BREAST
- Add, One tablespoon vegetable oil
- One teaspoon of each Italian seasoning and garlic
- Two tablespoons Pesto
- Two slices Provolone or Mozzarella cheese
- Two slices of tomato
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet, heat up the oil
- Add teaspoons each of Italian seasoning and garlic on both sides of chicken breast.
- Cook on both sides about 10 min until the center reaches 170 degrees
- Spread the Pesto on top of the chicken breast.
- Add two pieces of cheese on top of the pesto.
- Place two slices of tomato on top of the cheese
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Cover with a lid for a couple of minutes until cheese is melted
Make my easy homemade Pesto or purchase your favorite jar of pesto. Take out your skillet and prepare this easy, delicious one-dish one pot Skillet Pesto Chicken Breast. Your family will be glad you did.
This post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you purchase these products BUT it will not cost you any extra money.
Please see my disclosure.
Download 50 Southern Side Dishes
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.