If you Are looking for an easy way to use some of the fresh squash and zucchini, you will love this Skillet Squash Zucchini with Mushrooms.
This simple Skillet Squash Zucchini with Mushrooms recipe is simple to make. The ingredients include butter, olive oil, onion, garlic, mushrooms, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Begin this recipe by slicing up the squash, zucchini, mushrooms, and dicing the onion. Saute the onion and garlic in the butter and olive oil. Next, I added the mushrooms and cooked until tender. When the mushrooms were tender, I added the squash, zucchini, Italian season, salt and pepper. It only takes a few minutes to cook the vegetables until they are aldente. Therefore, I like squash and zucchini to be cooked fork tender and not mushy. I grew up eating them almost mushy, but I am sure they are a lot better for you when they still have a slight crunch.
We love this skillet squash zucchini side dish. I typically used three squash and three zucchini, but it makes enough for ten people to have a significant portion.
Be sure to check out the following recipes:
SIMPLE SKILLET SQUASH ZUCCHINI MUSHROOMS
- Slice the Squash and Zucchini and cut each slice in half.
- Chop the onion into tiny pieces.
- Sliced the mushrooms.
- Heat up the butter and olive oil.
- Saute the garlic and onion.
- Once the onions are tender, add the mushrooms and cook until tender.
- The mushrooms will absorb most of the oil and butter.
- You may need to add another tablespoon of oil.
- Add the Squash and Zucchini and cook until fork tender.
- Add the Italian season, salt and pepper.
Mediterranean Spaghetti Squash Salad
COPYCAT PANERA AUTUMN SQUASH SOUP RECIPE
Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.