Happy Fall Y’all! It is finally here. Apple Butter is the perfect recipe for celebrating the delicious apples we have abundantly this time of year.
You could easily make this slow cooker apple butter on your stove but why bother when you could let your slow cooker do the work.
You will need 4 pounds of apples, sugar, cinnamon, and allspice to make this fabulous apple butter. I am going to show you step by step with pictures exactly how to make it.
What is Apple Butter?
First of all, as you saw from the ingredients, apple butter contains no butter. It is apples that have been cooked down low and slow until the apples are like applesauce but caramelized. Apple butter is thicker and kicked up more than applesauce too. It is perfect for toast, bagels, biscuits, pork chops, or in oatmeal. My favorite way to eat apple butter is to spread it on my warm apple fritters.
How Many Apples Do Your Need For This Slow Cooker Apple Butter Recipe?
Begin making your butter by peeling and coring 4 pounds of apples. Four pounds of apples is about 16 apples. Slice the apples into quarters and place the apples in the bottom of a 5 or 6-quart slow cooker.
Toss Everything In Your Slow Cooker
After adding your apples to the slow cooker, stir in your sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, allspice, salt, and water.
Use Your Slow Cooker To Cook Your Apple Butter
Cook the apples on low for 8 hours. You can do this overnight. Your apples should be very tender.
The next morning use your handheld immersion blender, and completely blend the apples until smooth and creamy. If you do not have an immersion blender, allow your apples to cool and blend them in a food processor or blender.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission which helps keep my blog up and running but it won’t cost you a penny more).
Please see my disclosure.
The following items were used to make this recipe.
- Slow Cooker
- Just for Fun: Collegiate Slow Cooker
- Apple Peeler
- Immersion Blender
- Farberware Professional Ladle (Stainless Steel)
- Mason Jars
SLOW COOKER APPLE BUTTER
- Wash apples and then core and peel them.
- Slice the apples into 4 equal parts.
- Place the apples along with 2 cups water in a slow cooker.
- Add the sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon and allspice.
- pour in the water.
- Cook on low 6 to 8 hours.
- Use a hand-held immersion blender to blend up the apples until smooth.
- You can also place cooled apples in a food processor and blend until smooth if you do not have an immersion blender.
- Ladle the butter into mason jars.
- Do not fill all the way up to the top of the jars.
- Makes 3 pints
OTHER APPLE RECIPES YOU MAY ENJOY
- APPLE & BACON GRILLED CHEESE
- HAM & APPLE GRILLED CHEESE
- FRESH APPLE MUFFINS
- CINNAMON APPLE CREAM CHEESE DANISH
- Apple Pie Pull Aparts with Maple Glaze
- Just Like Panera Turkey, Apple, and Cheddar Sandwich
Breakfast Recipes You Should Try
- OVEN FRIED BACON EASIEST WAY COOK BACON
- HOMEMADE SAUSAGE GRAVY
- CHOCOLATE GRAVY & BISCUITS FOR BREAKFAST
- CREAMY CHEESY GRITS
- SPRITE BISCUITS SUPER LIGHT FLUFFY
- WHY LEARN TO MAKE SOUTHERN BISCUITS?
- AMAZING APPLE FRITTERS
PERFECT PUMPKIN SPICE PANCAKES
HOMEMADE BUTTERMILK WAFFLES
BLUEBERRY CREAM CHEESE DANISH
CINNAMON APPLE CREAM CHEESE DANISH
CINNAMON PULL APART ROLLS
MEATY BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
- SKILLET BANANA BREAD CARAMELFRESH APPLE MUFFINS
- STUFFED CRESCENT ROLLS
- 3 INGREDIENTS FRENCH VANILLA COFFEE CREAMER
- ORANGE CRESCENT ROLLS
- ORANGE CRANBERRY SCONES
- LEMON POPPY SEED SCONES
- ORANGE POPPY SEED SCONES
- HAM SAUSAGE CHEESE EGG CASSEROLE CRESCENT ROLLS
- HASH BROWNS AND HAM SLOW COOKER CHEESY CASSEROLE
- BUTTERMILK PANCAKES – WAYSIDE RESTAURANT
- RICE & EGGS – MY DADDY’S DISH
- HASH BROWN EGG SKILLET BREAKFAST
Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.