Are you looking for a delicious cheesy comfort soup recipe? You will not be disappointed with this gooey Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheese soup.
What is in this Broccoli Cheese Soup?
Use your slow cooker and combine two 10 ounce bags frozen chopped broccoli, grated carrots, onion, chicken broth, cheddar cheese soup, seasoned salt, black pepper, Cajun seasoning, granulated garlic, sharp cheddar cheese and heavy cream.
Rich n’ creamy, easy slow cooker broccoli cheese soup! This soup is so tasty you will crave it. It has been an exceptionally warm February, but I had to prepare one more slow cooker soup before the weather gets hot. Let your slow cooker do the work when fixing this terrific broccoli cheese soup. You simply toss everything into a crockpot and turn it on. Dinner is really whenever you are ready to eat?
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission which helps keep my blog up and running but it won’t cost you a penny more).
Please see my disclosure.
The following items were used to make this recipe.
Just for Fun: Collegiate Slow Cooker
Why do I use frozen broccoli in this broccoli cheese soup?
You may question why I use frozen broccoli in this soup. Well, I always have it on hand, and it cooks down beautifully in this soup. Plus, you do not have to chop it up. You simply purchase two ten ounce bags of frozen broccoli and empty them into the slow cooker. How difficult can that be? Anyone can open a bag of frozen broccoli and toss it into a slow cooker.
After cooking the soup three hours, smash the broccoli using a fork, potato masher until you reach desired consistency. If you like your broccoli more blended, use an immersion blender. Be careful with an immersion blender! Soup is very hot. I like my broccoli cheese soup to have tiny pieces of broccoli and not totally blended.
Please Help My Blog, Recipes For Our Daily Bread, Grow
- Hit the share buttons to the left of the page and share this post on your social media.
- Follow Recipes For Our Daily Bread On Social Media
- Follow my travel blog, Our American Travels on Social Media
- Sign up for my newsletters below. You will receive downloadable recipes plus updates letting you know when I add a new recipe.
15 COOKIE RECIPES YOU MUST TRY
Join 5,000 people who receive our newsletter and download these recipes FREE.
Many Thanks & Blessings,
SLOW COOKER BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP Author: Recipes for our Daily Bread
- 6 cups broccoli, frozen or fresh
- 2 cups Carrot
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 cups Chicken stock
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons Cajun Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Granulated garlic
- 4 cups Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Spray slow cooker with a cooking spray.
- Add the broccoli, carrots, onion, black pepper, salt, and Cajun Seasoning.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
- Mash the broccoli with a large fork or Immersion blender.
- After 4 hours on low, pour in the heavy cream and add the cheese.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy
50 EASY RECIPES YOU MUST TRY
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.