Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Casserole is an easier way to prepare a sweet potato casserole.
You do not get the crunchy topping, but you do get the same great taste with a whole lot less work.
Yes, you can prepare a Sweet as Pie Sweet Potato Casserole in the Slow Cooker. It is super easy and tastes amazing. As much as I enjoyed this Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Casserole, to be honest, I still prefer my sweet potato casserole cooked in the oven so that the Praline Topping will get crunchy. See the picture at the bottom of this page.
That being said;
I will fix this sweet potato casserole many more times because it is so much easier to prepare in my slow cooker and yummy! After cutting the sweet potatoes up and adding the butter, sugar, and seasonings, I cook them in the slow cooker for three hours. I then mash the sweet potatoes up in the slow cooker and add the brown sugar, pecans, and oats topping. I cook the sweet potato casserole for an additional hour. If you are looking for an exceptional easy side dish for ham, pork, chicken, or turkey, you have to try this Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Casserole.Print
Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Casserole
- Category: Side
- Cuisine: American
- •6 large sweet potatoes
- •3/4 cup sugar
- •1/2 cup milk
- •2 eggs
- •1 tsp vanilla
- • 1/4 cup melted butter
- •1 tsp cinnamon
- •1/2 tsp nutmeg
- TOPPING for Sweet Potato Casserole
- •3/4 cup brown sugar
- •1/2 cup oats
- •1 cup chopped nuts
- •1/4 cup flour
- •6 tablespoons very soft butter (not melted)
- •1/2 tsp allspice
- Use 6 deep red, sweet potatoes.
- Wash them and cut up into large cubes.
- Place in the slow cooker that has been sprayed with a cooking spray.
- Mix the sugar, milk, eggs, and vanilla and add to the sweet potatoes.
- Combine these ingredients with the sweet potatoes.
- Cook on HIGH for 3 hours.
- Mash the sweet potatoes until creamy.
- In a bowl, combine the softened butter, brown sugar, oats, nuts, flour, and all-spice.
- Add it to the top of the sweet potatoes.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour.
Follow Recipes For Our Daily Bread On Social Media
Sign up for my newsletters below. You will receive downloadable recipes plus updates letting you know when I add a new recipe.
Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads & Sandwiches
Join 5,000 people who receive our newsletter and download these recipes FREE.
Many Thanks & Blessings,
Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.