Let your slow cooker do all the work when making this flavorful Tomato Soup.
What is in this Tomato Soup?
You can whip up this Slow Cooker Tomato Soup with a few basic staples from your pantry, including canned tomatoes, onion, chicken broth, sugar, Ms. Dash Tomato Basil, Italian seasoning, black pepper, granulated garlic, salt, and heavy cream.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you purchase after clicking a link, I will earn a small commission which helps keep my blog up and running, but it won’t cost you a penny more).
Please see my disclosure.
The following items were used to make this recipe.
I love using my slow cooker to have meals ready with little effort. Soups are my favorite foods to prepare during the winter months using my crock-pot. They are warm, comforting, and perfect for a cold winter day. This Tomato Soup is also light and pretty healthy. It is an excellent option if you are trying to eat better this year. You could always leave the heavy cream out to make it super healthy. After indulging during the holidays, it feels good to eat something with far fewer calories and good for you.
Tomatoes are excellent for you. They are full of vitamin C, antioxidants, beta-carotene, which are all great for helping to fight many diseases.
An excellent homemade bowl of tomato soup is a classic and cannot be beaten. It is perfect with gooey grilled cheese.
Slow Cooker Tomato Soup
- Add the chopped onions and can tomatoes to slow cooker
- Pour in the chicken stock
- Add sugar, granulated garlic, celery seed, Italian seasoning, salt, white pepper.
- Cook for 3 hours on high
- Next, pour in the heavy cream.
- Cook another 30 minutes until hot.
- Use an Immersion blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- CAUTION: Be extremely careful with the Immersion blender. Keep it submerged under the soup while running.
- After plating the soup add the fresh chopped basil.
- Serve with croutons, Parmesan cheese or a delicious grilled cheese sandwich.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy
- CHEESY POTATO SOUP SLOW COOKER
- SLOW COOKER BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP
- HOMEMADE CHILI
- CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP SLOW COOKER
100% Free 30-page ebook Cooking Tips & Hacks including Quick and Easy Recipes
...So you can spend precious time with your family around the table enjoying a meal together.