This is my favorite Smoked Salmon Brine & Smoked Salmon Dip. It is incredibly delicious. Learn how to make a Smoked Salmon Brine & Smoked Salmon Dip.
I have always been told if we want to eat healthier we need to eat more fish, especially Salmon. It has the “goods fats” omega 3’s that our body needs. One serving also has a full day’s requirement for vitamin D. In other words; it is excellent for you.
Delicious Way To Eat Salmon
We eat it as a dip for crackers. It is a great party food. My husband Jerry loves to use his smoker. He came up with a recipe to brine the Salmon. I came up with a recipe for the dip. If you can not smoke the Salmon, you can purchase some Smoked Salmon in the grocery store. I have used both smoked salmon that we smoked and smoked salmon from the store. Both are incredibly delicious in this dip. If you can, you have to try this smoked salmon brine recipe. It is amazing.
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Salmon Dip?
I mixed the basic dip with cream cheese and sour cream. Next, I added some ranch dressing, cayenne pepper, and my favorite thing which is capers. The capers give this dip a salty flavor without adding the salt. After adding the salmon to this mixture, it is amazing.Print
- Place Salmon in a large ziplock bag over night with the following ingredients:
- 2 pounds fresh Salmon about 4 cups
- 1/2 cup salt
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Use Apple Wood Chips to Smoke the Salmon.
- Smoke the Salmon in a smoker at 225 degrees until it reaches 140 degrees about 4 hours.
- SALMON DIP
- Cream together 16 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 cups Sour Cream,
- Two packs Dry Ranch Dressing Mix
- Six tsp Capers
- One tsp ground red pepper, Cayenne (you may want to start with 1/2 teaspoon red pepper.)
- Fold in 4 cups Smoked Salmon
- Refrigerate and Serve with crackers.