These Soft Ginger Molasses Cookies are incredibly delicious! They are soft moist and full of flavor.
These Soft Ginger Molasses Cookies smell so good, taste so good and are soft. In other words, they smell, taste and say “Christmas” with the molasses, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves. What could be better? I serve them three different ways. Sometimes, I just fix a big soft ginger cookie which is excellent with a cup of coffee. Other times, I love-making smaller cookies and stuffing them with a creamy marshmallow cream cheese filling. I flavor it with either lemon or orange flavoring. Both the lemon and orange go so well with these Ginger Molasses cookies. However you serve them, you will see great big smiles.
“But I have all, and abound: I am full, having received of Epaphroditus the things which were sent from you, a fragrant offering, a sacrifice acceptable, well pleasing to God.” Philippians 4:18
These Soft Ginger Molasses Cookies have such a sweet fragrance. They remind me of when we are nice and kind and show the love of God by our actions; we are like a fragrant offering to God. This Christmas season when everyone is in a hurry and may not be kind, remember to try to be a sweet offering to God. I cannot wait for you to try these cookies. The sweet fragrance will be on your mind for a while.
For your convenience, below are the products used in this post.
This post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you purchase these products BUT it will not cost you any extra money.
Please see my disclosure.
Soft Ginger-Molasses Cookies-Video
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 1 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- sugar for dipping the tops of the cookies in before baking
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and baking soda and set aside.
- With an electric mixer, cream butter, and sugar.
- Beat in egg and the molasses (spray measuring cup with light cooking spray before measuring the molasses.)
- Add in the flour, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and baking soda.
- You may need to use a spoon to stir in all the flour. Use a scoop to form the cookies, 1/4 cup ice cream scoop for the larger cookies.
- Dip the tops of the cookies in sugar before placing them on the cookie sheet.
- Place them two inches apart on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or lightly sprayed with a cooking spray.
- Bake the larger cookies for about 14 minutes. Do not over bake. They will be soft to the touch.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack.
Baking Cookie Tips
- Use butter and eggs at room temperature. You should be able to leave a fingerprint easily in the butter.
- Whip the butter, shortening, and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Do not over mix the flour!
- Mix in the dry ingredients just until you do not any powder and everything is incorporated.
- Use parchment paper – I love parchment paper when baking. Once you remove the cookies from the oven, just slide the parchment paper off the baking sheet with the cookies still on it. This will allow them to cool.
- Use an ice cream scoop when scooping out your cookies. This way they will all be the same size and will bake evenly.
- Scoop the cookies onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. You can put the cookies closer together on the baking sheet when freezing them than when you are baking them. If you scoop the cookie dough out first and then freeze it, you do not have a problem with the dough being as hard as a rock, and you cannot scoop it out of a container. After scooping out the cookie dough, place the baking pan in the freezer until the cookies are frozen. Place frozen cookies into large freezer zip lock bags and store in the freezer. This helps the cookies when baking. The cookies do not spread out so much. Also, you will have cookies on hand in case of an emergency.
- Do not overcook your cookies. Once you remove the cookies from the oven, they will continue to bake.
Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.