This Southwestern Chicken Skillet is not only delicious but so quick and easy to make. I serve it by itself, in a tortilla or over nachos.
Below is a picture of the chicken skillet meal with the rice.
I typically make this quick and easy Southwestern Chicken Skillet without rice and used it for Nachos or Tacos. Recently while visiting Silver Dollar City theme park, I tried their new Southwestern Chicken Skillet. It included similar ingredients as mine, but they also added rice. It was served in a bread cone similar to the one at Disney World which made it fun and easy to eat at the park. See my bread cone post.
Silver Dollar City’s Southwestern Chicken Skillet
The rice was delicious in Silver Dollar City’s Southwestern Chicken Skillet, so I tried it in my skillet. Because this meal included rice, chicken, beans, and corn, I decided to serve it on a plate all by itself.
Use Your Favorite Mexican Seasoning
The seasoning I use in this skillet recipe is Paul Prudhomme’s Fajita seasoning. It is my favorite Mexican seasoning. I use it in my easy Tex-Mex Casserole which is also super easy and delicious. You could use your favorite Taco, Fajita or Mexican seasoning in this chicken skillet meal.
Is this Southwestern Chicken Skillet meal easy to prepare?
I cannot believe I am admitting this, but I have made this skillet meal many times using frozen chicken. I start by cooking the rice. Next, I use my kitchen shears to cut frozen chicken breast up into small bite-size pieces. After heating a couple of tablespoons of oil in a skillet, I toss in the frozen chicken breast pieces add the seasoning and saute them. It only takes a few minutes depending on how small you cut your chicken up. When the chicken is done, I add my cooked rice, a can drained black beans, a can drained corn and one and a half cups of shredded cheese. Stir it together and serve it. It is indeed quick, easy, and delicious.
Southwestern Chicken Skillet
- Three chicken breast cut into small pieces
- One - 15 ounce can black beans drained
- One - 15 ounce can corn drained
- Cooked rice I cooked 1 cup of rice and used all of it.
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese OR Cheddar cheese
- Two tablespoons Paul Prudhomme's Fajita seasoning
- Two tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Cook one cup uncooked rice according to the package.
- Cut up the chicken breast into small bite size pieces.
- Heat the vegetable oil and add the chicken pieces.
- Sprinkle the chicken with seasoning.
- Cook chicken until done about 5 minutes depending on the size of your chicken pieces.
- Add the cooked rice, black beans, corn, and cheese.
- Stir everything together and serve.
- CAJUN SKILLET ALFREDO
- CHICKEN BACON RANCH PIZZA
- SKILLET CHICKEN PESTO PIZZA
- BBQ CHICKEN PIZZA RECIPE
- PESTO CHICKEN GRILLED CHEESE
Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.