What is my secret to the Best Southern Fried Apples? The apples are cooked low and slow to bring out all the sweetness and includes a secret ingredient.
These Spiced Waffles with Southern Fried Apples are easy to make and so delicious. The waffles are easy to make using a box of Spice Cake Mix.
FRIED APPLES & SPICED WAFFLES
In the south, we just love our Fried Apples. We serve them for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert. These apples are make a delicious dessert as a topping on ice cream, cake, and waffles. I fix spiced waffles topped with vanilla ice cream and fried apples as a delicious dessert. YUM!
Simple Spiced Waffles
For breakfast, I make these simple spiced waffles using a cake mix and serve them topped with these sweet apples.
You can find Fried Apples in the south in many restaurants, including Cracker Barrel, as a side item.
Pure Maple Syrup
My secret ingredient to Best Southern Fried Apples is Pure Maple Syrup. Most recipes for Southern Fried Apples include lots of sugar, but I add the maple syrup. It is amazing! Not only do the spice waffles smell amazing, but the aroma of the apples with the cinnamon and nutmeg draws everyone to the kitchen.
Use this easy recipe to help teach your children how to cook. I had one kid cut the apples. I had another kid measure the ingredients for the apples while someone else worked on mixing up the spiced waffle batter. You can get everyone involved by helping with the Best Southern Fried Apples.
Spiced Waffles & Southern Fried Apples
- FRIED APPLES
- Melt the butter and add the brown sugar, sugar, cinnamon, salt, and Maple syrup.
- Stir in the apples.
- Stir & Cook the apples low and slow until tender.
- SPICED WAFFLES
- Stir together the spice cake mix, 1 1/4 cup water, 1/3 cup vegetable oil, and three eggs with an electric mixer.
- Add 1/3 to 1/2 cup of spice waffle batter to a waffle maker.
- Cook 4 to 5 minutes.
- The waffles will crisp up once removed from the waffle maker.
- For Breakfast top the spiced waffles with the fried apples and maple syrup mixture.
- For Dessert top, the spiced waffles with vanilla ice-cream topped with the fried apples and maple syrup mixture.
- Try topping this with chopped pecans and whipped cream.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy
100% Free 30-page ebook Cooking Tips & Hacks including Quick and Easy Recipes
...So you can spend precious time with your family around the table enjoying a meal together.