This rich buttery, perfect Pound Cake is the best comfort food. SpringTime Sprinkles Pound Cake is super moist and brings back lots of memories. Dress it up for Spring with colorful pastel pink, yellow, green Sprinkles.
This post includes step by step instructions for making the best SpringTime Sprinkles Pound Cake.
My History With This Pound Cake
I bake this pound cake often to share with family, neighbors, friends. Sharing this cake began after my special needs son, Caleb was born. He was born in 1996 with the worse brain bleed you could have. Caleb has had seventeen brain surgeries, cerebral palsy, and seizures. He was walking at 2-1/2 years old. His occupational therapist encouraged me to talk to him about every step and let him participate in the process. She told me it would be great for using his hands, especially his hand with cerebral palsy. Plus, it would be fabulous for his memory. After that, we started baking together before he could even walk. I would sit him on the kitchen counter and involve him in everything I did. We were continually baking and sharing this cake with everyone.
In short, Pound cake was the easiest recipe I could think of for Caleb to memorize. As the years went by, I have adjusted the recipe, but it started with simple ingredients like three sticks of butter, three cups sugar, three cups flour, and so on.
Read more about Caleb and my history with this pound cake. Plus, Find out more about my journey to being in the top five in desserts at the World Food Championships in 2017 and 2018 with a perfect score each year. My tory is in Guideposts Magazine.
Other Versions Of This Springtime Sprinkles Pound Cake
Over the years, I have used this cake recipe to make other flavor pound cakes. If you enjoy Pound Cake, you will have to try the following:
- PECAN POUND CAKE PRALINE SAUCE
- PATRIOTIC POUND CAKE
- SOUTHERN LEMON POUND CAKE
- CALEB’S COMFORT POUND CAKE
First Step: Cream Butter & Shortening to start making this springtime sprinkles pound cake
Before you begin, turn the oven on 325 degrees. Set out five eggs and two sticks of butter. The eggs and butter need to be at room temperature. You should be able to press your thumb into the butter and leave an indentation. Meanwhile, measure out your sour cream and buttermilk. As a result of skipping this step, your cake may not turn out as well.
To begin, with an electric mixer on medium-high, cream together 1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened and ½ cup butter flavoring shortening.
Second Step: Sugar
Add 3 cups of sugar to the creamed butter and shortening. Cream these ingredients for 3 to 5 minutes until it is nice and fluffy.
Third Step: Eggs
Add five eggs one at a time just until the egg yolks disappear. About 1 to 2 minutes. It is best to use room temperature eggs.
Fourth Step: Sour Cream
Blend in 3/4 cup sour cream.
Fifth Step: To making Springtime Sprinkles Pound Cake
Add 1 TB butter flavoring and 2 TB pure vanilla extract. Next, add one teaspoon salt and one teaspoon baking powder to the mixture.
Sixth Step: Whisk Flour
Very importantly, measure out three cups of all-purpose flour and mix it well using a whisk.
Most importantly, alternate the 3 cups all-purpose flour with ¾ cup buttermilk just until blended.
Seventh Step: Sprinkles for Springtime Sprinkles Pound Cake
- After that, stir in one cup of Springtime Sprinkles. However, I did not use a new bottle of sprinkles. I mix a lot of half-used bottles of pastel sprinkles to make these sprinkles. Do not be afraid to use what you have in the pastry and combine them.
- Spray a large bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Add the cake batter to the bundt pan.
- Sprinkle additional sugar on top of the cake before baking for a more crunchy top.
If you are looking for other easy Easter treats, try the following:
- SPRINGTIME SPRINKLES POUND CAKE
- EASTER OREO’S
- Easy Lemon Blueberry Cake
- BEST LEMON TREATS
- Easy Coconut Cake
- UNLEAVENED COMMUNION BREAD RECIPE
- NO BAKE LEMON PIE
- STRAWBERRY PRETZEL SALAD
- NO-BAKE COCONUT PIE
- Carrot Butterscotch Toffee Poke Cake
- ULTIMATE LEMON POUND CAKE
- Easy Lemonade Cake
Eight Step: Bake the Pound Cake
- Bake one hour and 15 minutes.
- Insert a toothpick in the center of the cake to check for doneness.
- After that, allow the cake to cool about 20 minutes.
- After the cake is cool, turn it out onto a cake plate.
This post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you purchase these products, BUT it will not cost you any extra money.
Please see my disclosure.
SPRINGTIME SPRINKLES POUND CAKE
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup butter flavoring shortening
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoons butter flavoring
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 6 ounces each Candy Wafers, white, pink, yellow
- 1 cup Spring Sprinkles/Jimmies
- 1/4 cup Spring Sprinkles to decorate top of cake
- Preheat oven 325 degreesWith an electric mixer, cream together 1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened and ½ cup butter flavoring shortening.Add 3 cups of sugar to the creamed butter and shortening.Creaming the butter, shortening, and sugar is a significant step. Cream these ingredients for 3 to 5 minutes until it is fluffy.Add five eggs one at a time just until the egg yolks disappear — about 1 to 2 minutes.Blend in 3/4 cup sour cream.Add 1 TB butter flavoring and 2 TB pure vanilla extract.Next, add one teaspoon salt and one teaspoon baking powder to the mixture.Alternate the 3 cups all-purpose flour with ¾ cup buttermilk just until blended.Stir in one cup of SpringTime Sprinkles. Spray a large 12 cup bundt pan with cooking spray.Add the cake batter to the bundt pan.Sprinkle additional sugar on top of the cake before baking for a more crunchy top.Bake the pound cake for 1 hour and 15 minutes in 325-degree oven. Insert a toothpick in the center of the cake to check for doneness.Allow the cake to cool about 20 minutes.After the cake is cool, turn it out onto a cake plate.CANDY MELTSMelt the yellow, white, and pink candy wafers according to package in separate bowls.I used white chocolate chips instead of candy melts for the white stripes. Candy melts will harden on the cake. Drop spoonfuls of each color around the cake.Sprinkle the cake with additional SpringTime candy sprinkles.