Dipped Strawberries are not just for Valentine’s Day. Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with these bright green strawberries.
Continue reading for the best way to dip these St. Patrick’s strawberries.
What do you need to make these sweet and salty St. Patrick’s strawberries?
To make these St. Patrick’s strawberries, you only need a few ingredients including white chocolate, green candy melts, assorted green candies like green mini M & M’s, Andy’s Baking Mints and sprinkles.
When dipping these St. Patrick’s Day pretzels:
Coat the pretzels with candy in a large bowl. Allow the pretzels to sit in the candy until dry. This will make sure the candy does not slide off the pretzels before they dry.
St. Patrick’s Day Dipped Pretzel Rod Tips
- You can use any Ghirardelli chocolate chips melted with two tablespoons shortening, not butter shortening. Melt in microwave for one minute. Stir constantly. If needed, put the chocolate back in the microwave for another 15 seconds and stir until smooth. Take it slow and do not over cook the chocolate.
- If you are adding nuts or thick candy like M & M’s, allow the strawberries to dry for a minute or two. The heavier nuts and candy will slide off if the strawberry has not dried some.
- If adding nuts and candy, allow pretzels to dry but DO NOT let it dry all the way. The chocolate has to be slightly wet or sticky.
- When working with chocolate, it is always best to keep it warm. Use it quickly, so you will not have to reheat it in the microwave. It will dry it out.
What Chocolate Should You Use?
To make a good tasting dipped anything, you have to have good chocolate or at least chocolate that you enjoy eating. In my case, I love Ghirardelli chocolate! After visiting San Francisco years ago and Ghirardelli, I was sold on their chocolate especially their hot fudge. Anyway, if you are eating something dipped in chocolate it needs to takes delicious. For this reason, I am not a fan of candy melts. However, candy melts make it so easy to add color to any food dipped in it. I have found that dipping the pretzels in white chocolate first and then adding a little color with candy melts, candy or sprinkles work great.
Melting Chocolate in Slow Cooker VS. Microwave
After years of dipping chocolate covered pretzels, strawberries, Rice Krispie Treats and more, I have found that the easiest way is to melt the chocolate in a slow cooker. You may think melting the chocolate in the microwave is easier, but the problem with the melt microwave chocolate is it gets hard after a couple of minutes. I used my slow cooker to make chocolate dipped Oreo’s.
THE BEST CHOCOLATE DIPPING MELTING TIP!
I used 2 cups of Ghirardelli White Chocolate
- One bag Ghirardelli White & Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1 tablespoon of shortening.
- Use wide mouth MASON JARS, one per different type of chocolate, candy melts or Almond Bark and add the chips to the Mason Jars.
- Place the jars in a slow cooker.
- Fill the slow cooker with hot water half way up the Mason Jars.
- Do not get any water inside the Mason Jars on the chocolate.
- Turn the slow cooker on high
- Do not cover the slow cooker with the lid or anything else. Moisture from the lid will drip on the chocolate.
- The chocolate will be totally melted after 30 minutes.
- Once the chocolate melts, turn the slow cooker to low.
- The chocolate will keep drizzle consistency for at least an hour.
If you are in a hurry, melt the chocolate jars in the microwave for one minute and stir. Place them in the slow cooker surrounded by hot water. Once the slow cooker heats up, turn it down on low.
For your convenience, below are the products used in this post.
This post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you purchase these products BUT it will not cost you any extra money.
Please see my disclosure.
Please Share And Follow Along On Social Media
Hit the share buttons to the left of the page and share this post on your social media.
- Follow Recipes For Our Daily Bread On Social Media
- Follow my travel blog, Our American Travels on Social Media
- Sign up for my newsletters below. You will receive downloadable recipes plus updates letting you know when I add a new recipe.
15 COOKIE RECIPES YOU MUST TRY
Join 5,000 people who receive our newsletter and download these recipes FREE.
Many Thanks & Blessings,
50 EASY RECIPES YOU MUST TRY
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.