This classic macaroni and cheese is the perfect side dish. It is creamy, cheesy comfort food at its best and ready in minutes.
No baking is required. Every step of this Stove Top Mac and Cheese is made in the same pot. If you are a busy mom and do not have time to bake mac and cheese, this recipe is for you.
You know kids of all ages love mac and cheese so why not give them what they enjoy in less time. This mac and cheese is flavorful, creamy, and very cheesy. Because you save time making this Stove Top Mac and Cheese, it is perfect for a weekday meal.
Kick Up This Stove Top Mac and Cheese
Add some chopped ham, meatballs, sausage, bacon, pesto, or even some spinach to turn this side dish into a meal.
First Step: Butter and Flour
Melt butter in a large pot on medium-high heat. Slowly whisk in flour until smooth without any lumps.
Second Step: Milk
Slowly add the half-n-half and the milk while whisking it into the butter and flour mixture. Bring the mixture to a boil.
Third Step: Cheeses
Add all four types of cheese into the sauce mixture. Keep stirring until the Mac & Cheese is smooth and creamy.
Fourth Step: Pasta and Seasonings
Add macaroni, salt, dry mustard, garlic, onion, paprika, black pepper, and cook about ten minutes until pasta is tender.
Sign up for my newsletters below. You will receive downloadable recipes plus updates letting you know when I add a new recipe.
GET THESE RECIPES SENT TO YOUR EMAIL RIGHT NOW!
Best Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads & Soups
STOVE TOP MAC AND CHEESE
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 pound Penne or Elbow macaroni
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded extra-sharp Cheddar
- 1 cup shredded Colby
- 8 ounces Velveeta cubed
- Melt butter and whisk in flour until combined.
- Slowly add in the milk while whisking it into the butter and flour. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Stir in all three kinds of cheese.
- Keep stirring until the Mac & Cheese is smooth and creamy.
- Add macaroni, salt, dry mustard, garlic, onion, paprika, black pepper, and cook about ten minutes until pasta is tender.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MAY ENJOY
Follow Recipes For Our Daily Bread On Social Media
Many Thanks & Blessings,
Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.