STOVE TOP MAC AND CHEESE
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Category: side dish
- Method: skillet
- Cuisine: American
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 pound Penne or Elbow macaroni
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded extra-sharp Cheddar
- 1 cup shredded Colby
- 8 ounces Velveeta, cubed
- Melt butter and whisk in flour until combined.
- Slowly add in the milk while whisking it into the butter and flour. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Stir in all three kinds of cheese.
- Keep stirring until the Mac & Cheese is smooth and creamy.
- Add macaroni, salt, dry mustard, garlic, onion, paprika, black pepper, and cook about ten minutes until pasta is tender.