Peppermint Candy filled cookies are always a hit. Making them using a cake mix could not be any easier.
These STUFFED PEPPERMINT COOKIES are full of flavor from the Hershey Candy Cane Kisses.
What is in these STUFFED PEPPERMINT COOKIES?
To make these peppermint cookies, I simply mix a white cake mix with eggs and oil. To make the filling, I used a bag of Hershey Candy Cane Kisses, butter, shortening, peppermint flavoring and confectioners sugar.
Cake mix makes these cookies easy and delicious and the peppermint buttercream makes these cookies amazing. My family simply loves Hershey’s Peppermint Kisses. So, I used them to make a buttercream frosting which was fantastic. It was perfect between two soft and fluffy white cake mix cookies.
These peppermint cookies scream Christmas. They are not only delicious but pretty with the red and white frosting. Your family and friends will think you bought gourmet cookies from a bakery but you made them quick and easy. Seriously, you can whip up these cookies in less than 30 minutes including baking time. They only take 10 minutes to bake.
If you love fabulous desserts using cake mix, be sure to see this post: 25 EASY CAKE MIX DESSERTS
For your convenience, below are the products used in this post.
This post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you purchase these products BUT it will not cost you any extra money.
Please see my disclosure.
- COOKIE SHEET SET
- MINI SERVING SPATULA
- ADJUSTABLE MEASURING SPOON SET
- MEASURING CUP SET
- TEAK WOODEN SPOON
- MEDIUM ICE CREAM SCOOP
- GOTHAM STEEL – NON-STICK COOKIE SHEETS Made with Titanium & Steel
- Hershey’s Kisses with Candy Cane Flavored White Chocolate Candy, 10-Ounce Bag
- Betty Crocker Super Moist Cake Mix White – Pudding in the Mix 16.25 Oz (Pack of 4) by Betty Crocker
- McCormick Pure Peppermint Extract, 1 Fl. Oz.
- Crisco, Baking Sticks, Butter Flavor, All Vegetable Shortening, 20oz Package (Pack of 2)
- Set of Three Large Oval Christmas Holiday Design Melamine Platter Dishes (Christmas Tree Fun, Winter Wishes & Red Snowflake)
- White Cake Mix
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 10-ounce bag Candy Cane Kisses
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) real butter, soften
- 1/2 cup butter flavor Crisco
- 3 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/4 peppermint flavoring
- Using an electric mixer, blend the cake mix, eggs, and oil.
- Drop cookies in one tablespoon size on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. I use a one tablespoon size ice cream scoop.
- Cook 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the softened butter and shortening until creamy.
- Slowly beat in the confectioner’s sugar and peppermint flavoring.
- Chop the Candy Cane Kisses into small pieces.
- Fold in the chopped Kisses.
- After the Cookies have cooled, add 1 to 2 tablespoons of filling to a cookie and top it with another cookie.
Sign up for my newsletters below. You will receive downloadable recipes plus updates letting you know when I add a new recipe.
Have a Fabulous Week!
Follow Recipes For Our Daily Bread On Social Media
OTHER PEPPERMINT RECIPES YOU MAY ENJOY
Thank you for visiting! Download 50 Southern Side Dishes
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.