These Stuffed Red Velvet Cookies are similar to a Whoopie cookie.
A simple Red Velvet cake mix is used for the cookie. Have you ever made cookies from a box of cake mix? Cake mix cookies are soft and chewy and super delicious! Plus, they only require three ingredients to make the cookies including cake mix, vegetable oil, and eggs. To kick up these delicious Red Velvet cake mix cookies, I stuffed them with a fantastic cream cheese filling. The stuffing is made from cream cheese, marshmallow creme, confectioners’ sugar, butter and a little shortening.
We make these cookies often at my house.
I use different cake mixes and even color the filling for various times of the year. You can see my Devil’s Food Stuffed Cookies here. Whip up these Devil’s Food Stuffed Cookies at the last-minute and impress everyone. Because these cookies are red and white, they are perfect for the holidays. If you need cookies for a Cookie Swap or your children’s class, kids will love these cookies are stuffed. They have not one but two cookies sandwich together with the fantastic creamy filling.
If you love fabulous desserts using cake mix, be sure to see this post: 25 EASY CAKE MIX DESSERTS
For your convenience, below are the products used in this post.
This post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you purchase these products BUT it will not cost you any extra money.
Please see my disclosure.
- COOKIE SHEET SET
- MINI SERVING SPATULA
- ADJUSTABLE MEASURING SPOON SET
- MEASURING CUP SET
- TEAK WOODEN SPOON
- MEDIUM ICE CREAM SCOOP
- GOTHAM STEEL – NON-STICK COOKIE SHEETS Made with Titanium & Steel
- Two boxes Duncan Hines Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Four eggs, beaten
- Mix all the ingredients and bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes. I use a small ice cream scoop (1 TB size) and scoop the cookie dough onto parchment paper.
- 3 -1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 cups marshmallow creme
- ½ cup butter softened
- ½ cup shortening
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- one teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Mix the cake mix, oil, and eggs.
- Drop on a baking sheet.
- I use a small ice cream scoop (1 TB size) and scoop the cookie dough onto parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes for one tablespoon size cookie. NO LONGER.
- Cool completely before adding the filling or the cookie will break.
- Use an electric mixer and beat marshmallow creme, butter, shortening, and cream cheese until fluffy.
- Slowly add the confectioner’s sugar.
- Next, add the vanilla
- Spread the filling on the bottoms of half of the cookies.
- Top each with another cookie.
Sign up for my newsletters below. You will receive downloadable recipes plus updates letting you know when I add a new recipe.
Have a Fabulous Week!
Follow Recipes For Our Daily Bread On Social Media
OTHER RECIPES YOU MAY ENJOY
- Easy Red Velvet Earthquake Cake
- Red Velvet Cake With Oreo Cream Cheese Frosting
- Red Velvet Cake Truffles
Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.