Make these easy Mexican Chicken Quesadillas in minutes using my Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken. The best part about this Chicken is the endless possibilities for using it.
Use this Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken to make these easy, delicious quesadillas.
My family loves Cheesy Chicken Quesadillas, and I have two favorite ways to make them.
- We build our quesadillas with my slow cooker Mexican chicken, a homemade southwestern ranch sauce, spinach, additional Mexican seasoning, and lots of cheese.
- Another great way to make this quick meal is by replacing the spinach with some black beans. If I have some of my leftover kicked up black beans, I will add them instead of the spinach with the Mexican chicken, southwestern ranch, Mexican seasoning, and lots of cheese.
Gooey Cheesy Quesadillas
Speaking of cheese, my husband and I like Pepper Jack Cheese, but my children like Colby Jack in their quesadillas. If you buy your cheese already shredded, a Mexican blend would be great too. To cook the quesadillas, I toss them on my indoor grill or place them in a frying pan that has been sprayed with a cooking spray. You will know they are ready to eat when the cheese starts oozing out everywhere. YUM! Melted Cheese and Chicken, what could be easier or better? The quesadillas typically get topped off with more sour cream, salsa or my favorite homemade southwestern ranch dip.
Use Slow Cooker Shredded Mexican Chicken
What makes them so easy is preparing the chicken ahead of time in the crock-pot. See the recipe for Crock-Pot Mexican Shredded Chicken. Having the chicken already made makes these quesadillas quick and easy.
Whip up this homemade Southwestern Ranch in minutes to add to your quesadilla or use it as a dip.
What is my favorite Mexican seasoning? Paul Prudhomme’s Fajita Magic
Tex-Mex Chicken Quesadillas
- 1 tortilla
- 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese shredded or Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 TB black beans
- 1/4 cup Slow Cooker Tex Mex Chicken – see recipe on above post
- 1/4 teaspoon Mexican seasoning Paul Prudhomme's Fajita Magic seasoning
- DIPPING SAUCE
- Southwestern Ranch Dressing
- Layer tortilla with 1/2 of cheese on the bottom of the tortilla.
- Next, layer the chicken, black beans OR fresh spinach, about sprinkle with Mexican seasoning.
- Top the tortilla with another half of cheese.
- Fold the tortillas in half and place it in a hot pan that has been sprayed with a cooking oil.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side until cheese is gooey and light tan.
Tips for making a quesadilla:
- If you are not using slow cooker shredded chicken, chop your chicken into bite-size pieces and add your seasoning. Next, toss it into a hot skillet. The chicken will cook quickly.
- Cut your chicken into bite-size pieces when it is partially frozen. It is a lot easier to cut.
If you enjoy quesadillas and BBQ, you will love theseBBQ Quesadillas.
Did you sign up for our newsletter? Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.