The delicious Southern Tomato Pie Recipe is the perfect dish to savor every bite of your fresh tomatoes.
Do you enjoy a Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato sandwich? If so, you must try this fabulous flavorful recipe.
What is in a Tomato Pie Recipe with Bacon Basil?
Tomatoes, bacon, basil, mayonnaise, and cheese are mixed and baked to make a fantastic tasting dish.
Southern Tomato pie with bacon basil
Maybe with a little mayonnaise and some basil. Well, this pie is for you! It tastes even better than a BLT. My oldest daughter would not eat tomatoes until she had a piece of my tomato pie. It is a creamy, cheesy mouth-watering delight. This savory pie is a great side dish, for brunch or breakfast, or even a light lunch. My husband even likes this Pie cold. Every time I make this pie recipe, I get rave reviews. People always ask for the recipe. So, here it is.
Southern Tomato Pie
- Bake pie shell for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Wash and slice the tomatoes. I do not take the skins off, but if you normally do, remove them.
- Slice the tomatoes and layer them on a baking sheet that has been lined with paper towels.
- Season the sliced tomatoes with the salt and pepper.
- Allow the tomatoes to drain on the paper towels for 30 minutes to an hour. Pat the tomatoes to remove moisture. Get as much moisture out of the tomatoes as possible.
- Layer the tomatoes in the bottom of the pre-cooked pie crust.
- Add half of the crumbled bacon on top of the layered tomatoes.
- Put the second layer of sliced tomatoes on top of the bacon.
- Top the second layer of sliced tomatoes with the rest of the bacon.
- Mix the Mayo, cheese, and herbs.
- Add the mixture to the top of the tomato pie. The mixture will be thick.
- Spread the mixture to cover the entire pie. You may want to use your hands.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Allow this pie to completely cool. It will be too watery to cut if you do not.
- Share this recipe with everyone you know who enjoys tomatoes.
100% Free 30-page ebook Cooking Tips & Hacks including Quick and Easy Recipes
...So you can spend precious time with your family around the table enjoying a meal together.