Use your Leftover Turkey in this delicious turkey Wild Rice Soup. It is full of flavor and a great way to use your leftover turkey.
Leftover Turkey Recipe Ideas
I wanted to share one more idea for using your leftover Turkey. Because my Chicken Noodle Soup recipe is so delicious, I used it, I used my Chicken Noodle Soup recipe to make this soup but substituted the chicken and noodles for leftover turkey and wild rice. It was a tasty and delicious way to use up the last of my turkey. I also made Turkey Cranberry Grilled Cheese Sandwiches to go with it. Both of them were incredible!! I do not say this often, but I love these leftovers.
Delicious Turkey Wild Rice Soup
If you need an idea to use up the rest of your turkey, try this Turkey Wild Rice Soup. I used my Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe. To make this soup, I simply substituted the chicken for turkey and the noodles for wild rice. This flavorful soup is super simple to make using your slow cooker.Print
- 12 cups (2 – 32-ounce containers of Chicken Broth)
- Three chicken breasts OR ( 3 to 4 cups Leftover Turkey)
- Two bay leaves (remove before serving)
- 1/2 teaspoon Poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon Thyme
- One teaspoon black pepper
- Two cups onion, finely chopped
- Add, 2 cups carrots, shredded
- Plus, 2 cups celery, finely chopped
- Next, 2 cups heavy cream
- One box wild rice – I use Uncle Ben’s rice INCLUDING the seasoning pack.
- Add everything to the crockpot except heavy cream and rice.
- And, cook on low 3 hours.
- Next, add the heavy cream.
- Continue cooking for an extra 30 minutes or until Wild Rice is tender.
Thank you for visiting! Download 50 Southern Side Dishes
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.