3 Easy Steps To Making Gorgeous Valentine’s Day Strawberries For Your Loved Ones
These Valentine’s Day Dipped Strawberries are so easy to make. They are the perfect surprise for that special person in your life. This post includes tips & hacks to make fabulous chocolate-covered strawberries for your Valentine.
Strawberries are the fruit of LOVE. When you dip them in chocolate, they are what dreams are made of. Sweep your sweetheart off their feet without paying an arm and leg. These Valentine’s Day strawberries are not only easy to make but far less expensive than purchasing dipped strawberries. These Valentine’s Day dipped strawberries are covered in white chocolate, milk chocolate, and topped with treats like sprinkles, M & M’s, and all sorts of other candies.
If you are eating something dipped in chocolate it needs to takes delicious. For this reason, I am not a fan of candy melts. However, candy melts make it so easy to add color to any food dipped in it. I have found that dipping the pretzels in white chocolate first and then adding a little color with candy melts, candy or sprinkles work great.
When dipping these Valentine’s Day Strawberries:
Coat the strawberries with candy in a large bowl. Allow the strawberries to sit in the candy until dry. This will make sure the candy does not slide off the strawberries before they dry.
Valentine’s Day Dipped Strawberries Tips
- You can use any Ghirardelli chocolate chips melted with two tablespoons shortening, not butter shortening. Melt in microwave for one minute. Stir constantly. If needed, put the chocolate back in the microwave for another 15 seconds and stir until smooth. Take it slow and do not overcook the chocolate.
- If you are adding nuts or thick candy like M & M’s, allow the strawberries to dry for a minute or two. The heavier nuts and candy will slide off if the strawberry has not dried some.
- If adding nuts and candy, allow pretzels to dry but DO NOT let it dry all the way. The chocolate has to be slightly wet or sticky.
- When working with chocolate, it is always best to keep it warm. Use it quickly, so you will not have to reheat it in the microwave. It will dry it out.
THE BEST TIP!
Use wide mouth MASON JARS, one per different type of chocolate, candy melts or Almond Bark and add the chips to the Mason Jars. Place the jars in a slow cooker. Fill the slow cooker with hot water halfway up the Mason Jars. Do not get any water in the Mason Jars on the chocolate. Turn the slow cooker on high and do not cover the slow cooker. The chocolate will be totally melted after 30 minutes. Once the chocolate is melted, turn the slow cooker to low. The chocolate will keep drizzle consistency for at least an hour.
In A Hurry
If you are in a hurry, melt the chocolate jars in the microwave for one minute and stir. Place them in the slow cooker hot water. Once the slow cooker heats up, turn it down on low.
VALENTINE’S DAY STRAWBERRIES FOR YOUR SPECIAL SWEETHEART
- microwave bowl
- 1 pound strawberries washed and dried well
- One – 11-ounce bag of Ghirardelli Chocolate Chips or two cups of chips
- 2 Tablespoons of Shortening
- Two bags Ghirardelli Baking Wafers
- Red or Pink Wilton Candy Melts Wafers
- Use Red or Pink Valentine’s Sprinkles
- Pink or Red Assorted Candies like mini baking M & M’s
- MELT CHOCOLATE
- Melt in the microwave for one minute. Stir constantly. If need, put it back int he
- microwave for another 15 seconds.
- I used 2 cups of Ghirardelli White Chocolate
- OR MELT Ghirardelli Baking Wafers As directed on package.
- Melt Wilton Candy Melts as directed on package.
- Dip Strawberries and add sprinkles and candy.
- If you are adding heavy candy, let the strawberry dry for about a minute but NOT completely dry. It should be sticky. The heavy candy will slide off if you add them before the strawberries dry a minute.
100% Free 30-page ebook Cooking Tips & Hacks including Quick and Easy Recipes
...So you can spend precious time with your family around the table enjoying a meal together.