Have you ever whipped your Chocolate Buttercream Frosting? Try replacing the milk with heavy cream for a much lighter texture.
I make Chocolate Buttercream Frosting a lot to top cakes, cupcakes, cookies, and even brownies.
It is easy to make, extremely delicious, and the best part of the cake. Chocolate Buttercream is a must on birthday cakes. It makes them that more special. This time I decided to replace the milk with heavy cream to make it lighter and fluffier. It had the same great taste, but it truly was lighter. It was also a little lighter in color. I will be adding heavy cream from now on to make my chocolate buttercream lighter and creamier.
Light & Fluffy Chocolate Buttercream Frosting with the heavy cream.Print
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) Butter, Softened
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners sugar (1 pound package)
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Cream butter with electric mixer until light and fluffy add vanilla.
- Sift powder sugar and cocoa.
- Gradually add sugar mixture, one cup at a time, alternating heavy cream and beating well on medium speed.
- Add the vanilla, and butter flavoring.
- Continue beating at high speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
Delicious Chocolate Buttercream Frosting without the heavy cream.
Download 50 Southern Side Dishes
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.