How to make the best sweet and salty white chocolate candy in Minutes using your microwave?
The Secret Ingredient in this quick and easy microwave candy is Pringles Potato Chips. The potato chips add crunch and salt to the candy. When you mix those two ingredients with the white chocolate, it is a magical treat you will not be able to stop eating.
You will also need peanuts (or your favorite nuts), white chocolate chips, and plain M & M’s. Use holiday M & M’s for each special occasion.
Recipes for our Daily Bread blog follower
A Recipes for our Daily Bread blog follower, Nadine B. from Okalahoma, sent me a recipe for these Chocolate Candy Clusters. This sweet and salty combination got my attention. I had to try making them. Nadine told me when she makes these treats everyone tries hard to guess what the special ingredient is in them.
Yes, Pringles potato chips.
I have always been a white chocolate fan, but when you mix melted white chocolate with the salty Pringles, peanuts and M & M’s, it is lip-smacking good. Everyone will be trying to guess what is the crunchy salty thing? Who can go wrong with M & M’s? All of these ingredients add up to the perfect combination to make these white chocolate treats.
Boys In The Kitchen
I asked my twin boys to help me in the kitchen with these White Chocolate Candy Clusters. They are now young adults. Caleb is my special needs son, and Casey is his twin brother. I knew they would love to help make these treats. I am always excited to get my older children involved in the kitchen. The older they get, the less time they have at home.
Making these White Chocolate Candy Clusters with family
Anyway, we had a great time making these treats. The only problem was as soon as we opened the Pringles, M & M’s, and peanuts they began to sneak bites. What are teenage boys for? I think it is a game when these two are in the kitchen together to see if they can sneak a bite without me catching them. Casey also does it because he knows Caleb will laugh and laugh at him.
Caleb my Special Needs Son’s Belly Laugh
If Casey can get Caleb started laughing, Caleb will normally burst into a huge big belly laugh like Santa Claus, and you cannot stop him. Casey is good at getting Caleb to laugh. What is a twin brother for? Caleb is a man of few words with his cerebral palsy, memory loss, processing problems, and selective mutism, so it is always pure JOY to hear him laughing. I am not sure Caleb realizes he is completely giving away the fact that Casey is doing something he should not be doing or maybe he is laughing so I will catch him. Either way, I enjoyed making these White Chocolate Candy Clusters with Pringles with my big boys.
This post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you purchase these products BUT it will not cost you any extra money.
Please see my disclosure.
- Planters Peanuts, Spanish Rdskn w/ Sea Salt, 12.5 oz, 2 pk
- M&M’S Christmas Milk Chocolate Candy Party Size 42-Ounce Bag
- Ghirardelli Chocolate White Melting Wafers, 30 Ounce
- Pringles Chips – Original – 5.68 oz – 3 pk
- Set of Three Large Oval Christmas Holiday Design Melamine Platter Dishes (Christmas Tree Fun, Winter Wishes & Red Snowflake)
- Gift Boutique Ceramic Christmas Candy Dish Bowl Holiday Party Table Centerpiece Decorations, Set of 4 Green and Red Present Box Design
White Chocolate Candy Clusters
- 1 cup Spanish Peanuts Dry Roasted peanuts
- 1 12 ounces white chocolate chips
- 1 can Pringles Orginal, crushed
- 1 cup M & M's candy Christmas colors
- I double this recipe and use the entire 12-ounce bag of M& M's.
- Instructions for White Chocolate Candy Clusters:
- Melt white chocolate in the microwave for 1 minute. You can also use a double broiler.
- If using the microwave, microwave the chocolate for 1 minute and stir well until smooth. If you need more time, only microwave 10 to 15 seconds at a time and stir until all the chocolate is melted.
- Add crushed Pringles, peanuts and M & M’s. Mix until well blended.
- Drop by tablespoons on waxed paper or parchment paper until they harden.
If you love making candy during the holiday season, I hope you enjoy these recipes with your family.
Did you sign up for our newsletter? Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.