My husband’s favorite cookies are these White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies. They are high on my list of favorites too.
The perfect white chocolate macadamia cookies are super soft with crispy edges. They are creamy and chewy deliciousness.
This time, because I was baking for so many people, I used my regular ice cream scoop, which is 1/4 cup. Use the larger ice cream scoop to make a giant cookie. When someone receives these White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies or my chocolate chip cookies, their first comment is always about the size. Their second comment is always “These are the best cookies I have ever eaten.” Always wrap them individually in plastic wrap to help keep them fresh for a longer period.
Baking With My Special Needs Son
I have been baking these cookies for at least 21 years. I would sit my special needs son, Caleb, on the kitchen counter to help me cook. He loved baking, and it was perfect for his memory. He has a shunt and has had 17 brain surgeries. Caleb has cerebral palsy and seizures. You can read all about Caleb on my blog.
Butter Vs. Shortening
I use both shortening and butter. The butter is for flavor, but too much butter will cause your cookies to spread too thin. The shortening will not spread out as much as butter. A combination of both makes a great cookie. I also like to use a mix of both brown sugar and granulated sugar along with two egg yolks and two whole eggs.
Baking Cookie Tips
- Use butter and eggs at room temperature. You should be able to leave a fingerprint easily in the butter.
- Whip the butter, shortening, and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Do not over mix the flour!
- Mix in the dry ingredients just until you do not see any powder, and everything is incorporated.
- Use an ice cream scoop when scooping out your cookies. This way they will all be the same size and will bake evenly.
- For best result, scoop cookie dough out on a baking sheet and place in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Do not overcook your cookies. Once you remove the cookies from the oven, they will continue to bake.
Use Parchment Paper
- Use parchment paper when baking. Once you remove the cookies from the oven, just slide the parchment paper off the baking sheet with the cookies still on it. This will allow them to cool.
Freezing Cookie Dough
- Scoop the cookies onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. You can put the cookies closer together on the baking sheet when freezing them than when you are baking them. If you scoop the cookie dough out first and then freeze it, you do not have a problem with the dough being as hard as a rock, and you cannot scoop it out of a container. After scooping out the cookie dough, place the baking pan in the freezer until the cookies are frozen. Place frozen cookies into large freezer zip lock bags and store in the freezer. This helps the cookies when baking. The cookies do not spread out so much. Also, you will have cookies on hand in case of an emergency.
If you need to bake cookies to take to a baseball game, school party, bake sale, and more, you have to try these Giant White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies.
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookie recipe – start by creaming 3/4 cup butter and 3/4 cup shortening.
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookie recipe – mix in the granulated sugar and the brown sugar.
Mix in 2 egg yolks and two whole eggs.
After slowly mixing in 3-3/4 cups of flour mixed with baking soda, salt, and cornstarch.
Other Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes You Should Try
- PERFECT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES TIPS
- DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- M & M MEGA COOKIES
- WHITE CHOCOLATE MACADAMIA COOKIES
- S’MORES COOKIES
- MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- LOADED SMORES SKILLET COOKIE
- ONE SKILLET ROLO SKILLET COOKIE
- CHOCOLATE! M & M SKILLET COOKIE
- CANDY BAR SKILLET COOKIE LEFTOVER CANDY
- CHOCOLATE CHIP PARADISE SKILLET COOKIE
- BUTTERSCOTCH TOFFEE SKILLET COOKIE
- BUTTERFINGER OATMEAL COOKIES
- OATMEAL COOKIES PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIPS
- OATMEAL CREAM COOKIES
- BEST OATMEAL TOFFEE COOKIES
- OATMEAL BUTTERSCOTCH TOFFEE COOKIES
- OATMEAL TURTLE COOKIES
This post contains affiliate links below. I will make a small commission if you purchase these products BUT it will not cost you any extra money.
Please see my disclosure.
For your convenience, below are the products used in this post.
White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cornstarch and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together the soft butter and shortening
- Mix in the granulated sugar and brown sugar until very creamy.
- Add the eggs one at a time.
- Mix in the pure vanilla.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients which you sifted JUST until blended. Do not over mix.
- Mix by hand 4 cups of white chocolate chips and one cup macadamia nuts into the dough.
- Use an ice cream scoop and drop cookies onto a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 375 degrees. Allow the oven to heat completely up.
- BAKING TIP: Place the pan of cookie dough in the freezer at least 20 minutes before baking.
- Bake 375 degrees for 24 minutes if using a 1/3 cup ice cream scoop.
- Bake 20 minutes if using a regular size 1/4 cup ice cream scoop.
Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.