Food Competitions keep getting bigger and better each year. The biggest food fight ever will be in Dallas, Texas at Reunion Tower Lawn October 16 – 20, 2019. Watch the Ultimate Food Fight at the World Food Championships, WFC.
Each contestant including myself has the same dream of not only winning their category and $10,000 but moving on to have a chance to compete for the $100,000 Grand Prize.
In this post, I am answering your questions and describing my experience at the World Food Championships? I am not an expert about WFC, but I have competed in 2017 and 2018 and have made it to the top five in the dessert category both years.
You Have A Opportunity To Watch The Battles In Kitchen Arena
If you watch T.V., most of you are familiar with food competitions like Guys Grocery Games, Chopped, Chef America, Spring Baking Competition, The Great American Baking Show, The Great British Baking Show, and so many others. Have you ever thought about watching a food competition live? Would you like to see the biggest food competition in the World? Mark your calendars to visit Dallas, Texas October 16-20, 2019. You will be able to watch the best cooks in the World.
Answering Your Questions About The World Food Championships
You may be wondering, What is the World Food Championships?
- Is it a huge food competition? If huge means over 500 teams (up to 1500 cooks) compete and the prize is $100,000, YES, it is enormous!
- Do the cooks prepare the food live? It is a live event and features the best chefs, home cooks, and professional teams in the World. Each category of about 40-50 teams, cook at one time. Kitchens are set up under a large tent. The first two recipes are cooked back to back. You have an hour to prepare the first recipe and ten minutes to turn it in. From the first turn in, you have 50 minutes for the second recipe and ten minutes to turn it in.
- What happens if you do not get your recipe turned in on time? Unfortunately, you are disqualified.
- How much money do the winners receive win? The top ten in each category gets money, but the first person in each category receives $10,000. The winner of each category competes at the Final Table for $100,000.
- What are the World Food Championship categories?
The categories include Bacon, Barbecue, Burger, Chef, Chili, Dessert, Recipe, Sandwich, Seafood, and Steak.
- Do you have to be a chef to compete? No
- How can you qualify? Find out how to qualify here. Each cook has to win a competition to be qualified for the Ultimate food challenge.
- What is it like to compete? See my experience below. Leave me a comment if you have any other questions.
- Do you cook in outdoor kitchens? YES! About 50 kitchens are set up in “Kitchen Arena” where the contests compete.
- Can you be a judge? YES! SEE HERE, Be a Judge at World Food Championships
- Can you be a volunteer? YES! If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, click here, and select “Add Impact.” After signing up for an account, you can then select a volunteer shift!
- Where is it located? Last November, WFC 2018 was held in Orange Beach, AL, and the final table will be in New Orleans. WFC 2019 will be in Dallas, TX in October.
- Can you watch the contest in Dallas? Absolutely! You can even enter the kitchen area are watch any category you want to watch. You can purchase tickets early at a discount.
What’s It Like To Compete at World Food Championships
As you enter the tent and see your competition face to face, the reality hits you. You are about to compete against the best of the best chefs, home-cooks, and professional teams in the world. Your heart starts racing, and you start sweating. The pressure is on to see who will be the next World Food Champion. What a relief it is to get your dishes turned in on time to avoid disqualification. As you place each entry down on the turn-in table, you take a deep breath and rejoice. At the same time, you know it is anyone’s game. Each contestant knows how to prepare amazing tasting food. They do it exceptionally well, or they would not be competing at such a high level. If you think you have what it takes to compete, find out more about it.
Rare Perfect Score
One by one they announce the top ten in each category. For the past two years, as the announcers count the winners down, I am always shocked and beyond thankful to hear my name in the top ten in desserts. I not only finished in the top ten but the top five two years in a row. Thank you, God, for allowing me to compete with amazing chefs and hold my own pretty well. I am the only food champ with two perfect scores over the history of the World Food Championships. Only 13 competitors have had a perfect score. Finishing well is a feat that would not be possible without a fantastic home sous chef, my special needs son, Caleb. Jerry, my husband, and Marsha, my sister-in-law plus three-time cancer survivor work with me during competitions. Most importantly, God! He gives me strength and all my abilities.
Because of my top ten finish last year 2018, I have qualified and will be competing this year in Dallas in October 2019.
Join Me In Dallas October 2019
Again, if you love food competitions, plan your trip to Dallas, Texas. If you get your tickets online early, they are less expensive than purchasing them at the competition. For only a few dollars a day you can spend the day watching food sport and eating unbelievable samples from BBQ to Steak and lots more. You can watch recipe demonstrations and there are fun activities to do with the kids.
Find out more about ways you can enjoy The 8th Annual World Food Championships 2019 HERE.
Be sure to attend on Wednesday, October 16, 2019, and watch me battle it out in desserts with two recipes back to back. We will have about an hour for each recipe.
Final Table In New Orleans
Ten competitors, the top finisher from each category, advanced to the World Food Championships final table. Although they won their category in November 2018, the top ten would not compete again until this weekend, Saturday, May 18 and Sunday, May 19th in New Orleans. This time they will compete for $100,000.
I am beyond blessed to have the opportunity to witness the final table, but that is all the information I will be able to give you. You see, WFC Final Table will be televised on August 24, 2019, at noon EST on CNBC. On August 24, the 2018 World Food Championships Final Table $100,000 Winner will be announced. Until then, no one can talk about the final three competitors. Maybe, when I get down there, I can do a Facebook live. I would love to show you the fantastic facility, NOCHI – New Orleans Culinary & Hospitality Institute and talk about the first two rounds. The rules are strict because of it being filmed for television so I will have to see. The good news is you too will get to see this exciting competition in August.
Other World Food Championships Information You Should Check Out
Other WFC Posts You May Enjoy Reading
- WORLD FOOD CHAMPIONSHIPS My First Time Competition
- COOKWARE USED WORLD FOOD CHAMPIONSHIPS
- $100,000 FINAL TABLE
A special thank you to the amazing sponsors who allow dreams to come true!
Did you sign up for our newsletter? Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.