Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Moist Cornbread Dressing
This Super Moist Cornbread Dressing is my favorite dressing. Thanksgiving is not complete without it. What is in this moist cornbread dressing? It includes cornbread, bread crumbs, celery, onion, soups, broth, eggs, and poultry seasoning. The flavor is fantastic.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time1 hr
Total Time1 hr 20 mins
- 6 cups cornbread crumbs see post for Southern Buttermilk Cornbread
- 3 cups bread crumbs I use biscuits or store-bought stuffing
- 3 egg beaten
- 2 cups finely chopped celery
- 2 cups finely chopped onion
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 2 can chicken broth ten ounces
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Melt 4 TB butter and saute onions and celery until tender.
Mix all ingredients.
Spread into greased 13x9 pan.
Bake 350 degrees for 1 hour.
The original recipe said to bake this dressing 40 minutes, BUT it takes me closer to AN HOUR for it to set in the center.
Allow plenty of time to cook it.
Calories: 223kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 50mg | Sodium: 720mg | Potassium: 214mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 250IU | Vitamin C: 4.8mg | Calcium: 101mg | Iron: 2.2mg