Elvis’ Fried Pickles-Recipe
- 1 egg beaten
- 3-1/2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup buttermilk - Elvis' recipe called for 1 cup milk but I always soak everything I fry in buttermilk.
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 quart sliced dill pickles I have also used pickle spears.
- enough vegetable oil to fry the pickles
Drain the pickles and place into the buttermilk, egg, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce mixture. (I let mine set for about an hour. The original recipe did not.)
Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper and mix.
Add a few at a time into the flour mixture.
Deep fry in hot oil heated to 350 degrees. Do not overcrowd in the oil.
Pickles will rise to the surface when done.
Drain on paper towels and season with salt and pepper or Cajun seasoning while they are draining. Serve hot.
Calories: 1037kcal | Carbohydrates: 190g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 190mg | Sodium: 11261mg | Potassium: 2804mg | Fiber: 16g | Sugar: 27g | Vitamin A: 2365IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 1264mg | Iron: 15mg