Best Can Green Beans
Are you a canned green bean fan? Canned Green Beans do not have to taste as they came out of a can. I add lots of flavor to these Canned Green Beans including garlic, Italian seasonings, and Parmesan cheese. I am going to show you how to make the best canned green beans.
- 4 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 2 - 15 ounce Green Beans blanch fresh green beans for 5 minutes in salted water
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese - NOT finely grated like powder shredded is much better
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
Cook the bacon until crispy.
Remove the bacon from the skillet and crumble it.
Add it back to the skillet.
Leave the bacon grease in the skillet.
Add the garlic and cook until it starts to smell nutty. Do not burn.
Next, DRAINED cans of green beans.
Add the pepper and Italian seasoning
Last, add the chicken broth and simmer 2 to 3 minutes.
Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the green beans and cook just until melted.
Frozen green beans will work in this recipe. If using frozen green beans, do not add the chicken broth.
If using frozen green beans or low sodium green beans, you will need to add some salt.
- To save time, I used minced garlic from a jar. Fresh garlic is so much better with a much stronger garlic taste. You may want to decrease the garlic if using fresh garlic.
- Use shredded Parmesan Cheese not finely grated.
Calories: 17kcal | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 93mg | Potassium: 5mg | Vitamin A: 35IU | Vitamin C: 0.5mg | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 0.1mg