Add to Collection
Go to Collections
CUCUMBER TOMATO SALAD – Tuscan Salad
- 3 tomato cut up in small bites
- 1 cucumber also cut up into small bites
- 1/2 of small purple or a Vidalia onion cut into small bites
- 8 fresh basil leaves chopped or 1 tablespoon Tomato Basil Ms. Dash
- half of a leftover wheat baguette or french loaf diced into 1 inch pieces. I used 3/4 of a 1 pound Multigrain French Bread loaf The bread will absorb the oil and vinegar and adds a wonderful surprise to the salad.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon sea salt and 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper to taste.
- The ratio for the oil and vinegar is 3 parts oil to 1 part vinegar. You can adjust the vinegar and oil for your taste. I like using
- 2 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar and 1/3 cup olive oil.
Calories: 160kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 35mg | Potassium: 1407mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 3460IU | Vitamin C: 64.2mg | Calcium: 102mg | Iron: 1.9mg