Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Turkey & Wild Rice Soup
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time4 hrs
- 12 cups 2 - 32-ounce containers of Chicken Broth
- Three chicken breasts OR 3 to 4 cups Leftover Turkey
- Two bay leaves remove before serving
- 1/2 teaspoon Poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon Thyme
- One teaspoon black pepper
- Two cups onion finely chopped
- Add 2 cups carrots, shredded
- Plus 2 cups celery, finely chopped
- Next 2 cups heavy cream
- One box wild rice - I use Uncle Ben's rice INCLUDING the seasoning pack.
Add everything to the crockpot except heavy cream and rice.
And, cook on low 3 hours.
Next, add the heavy cream.
Continue cooking for an extra 30 minutes or until Wild Rice is tender.
Calories: 145kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 10322mg | Potassium: 2256mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 56IU | Vitamin C: 197mg | Calcium: 169mg | Iron: 6mg