Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Easy Coconut Cake
Easy Coconut Cake is made using five simple ingredients including cake mix, coconut, sugar, sour cream and whipped topping. It is so simple to make and super delicious. You will not be disappointed in this truly easy and super delicious.
Servings: 10 - 12
Prepare cake mix according to the package.
Make 2 layers.
When layers are baked and completely cooled, split halves horizontally with a knife.
Combine sugar, sour cream, and coconut.
Reserve 1 cup of sour cream mixture.
Spread remainder between the layers of the cake.
Mix the whipped topping with the reserved 1 cup sour cream and sugar mixture.
Spread on top and sides of the cake.
Seal cake in an airtight container.
It is better to store the cake in the refrigerator.
The longer it sits, the better. It is amazing a couple of days later.
Tips To Make This Cake In A 9 x 13 pan.
- After the cake comes out of the oven, allow it to slightly cool.
- It should be warm but not hot before adding the filling.
- The filling will slightly melt into the cake but not fully melt.
- Let the filling set up firm.
- You can do this by placing the cake in the refrigerator.
- Once it has cooled completely, add the frosting made with the whipped topping.
- The cake needs to be refrigerated.
- The whip topping frosting will melt in a warm room.
Calories: 641kcal | Carbohydrates: 98g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 443mg | Potassium: 259mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 73g | Vitamin A: 310IU | Vitamin C: 1.7mg | Calcium: 195mg | Iron: 2.1mg