Add to Collection
Go to Collections
CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRY CUPCAKES PERFECT MOTHER'S DAY
Chocolate Strawberry Cupcakes are easy enough for even a kid to make for mom. They are made using a cake mix and homemade frosting.
- 1 - 18- ounce box Devil's food cake mix
- 1 - 4- ounce box chocolate instant pudding mix dry
- 4 eggs
- 1 - 8 ounces carton sour cream
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 - 12- ounce bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- STRAWBERRY FROSTING
- 1/2 cup butter softened ( 1 stick)
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 pounds sifted Confectioner's sugar
- 1/4 cup Whipping ream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 ounce freeze dried strawberries crushed well
Using a mixer, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, sour cream, oil, and water.
Fold in the chocolate chips.
Bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Using an electric mixer, whip the butter and cream cheese.
Use a blender or a mallet and ziplock bag and crush the dried strawberries into powder. Blend in the crushed strawberries.
Next, slowly add the heavy cream and Confectioner's sugar.
Mix in the salt.