PRESSURE COOKER MAC AND CHEESE
No need to precook the macaroni with this pressure cooker macaroni and cheese. You just dump everything in your pressure cooker and set it to high pressure for four minutes. When you open the lid, you get creamy, flavorful fantastic Macaroni and Cheese.
- 1 pound dry macaroni - this is about 4 cups dry I used penne pasta because it is what I had on hand. I typically use macaroni noodles.
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- Two eggs beaten
- 12 ounce can evaporate milk
- 10 3/4 ounce can cheddar cheese soup
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups grated Gruyère cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt pepper, granulated garlic, and dry mustard
Combine the cheese soup, evaporated milk, and milk in your pressure cooker.
Slightly beat your eggs and add them to the pressure cooker.
Stir in melted butter, salt, pepper, garlic, and dry mustard.
Add one pound dry macaroni and mix well.
Lock the lid on the pressure cooker and cook on high pressure for 4 minutes.
After four minutes, place a towel over the pressure cooker release button and release the pressure.
Open the lid, and stir in all the cheese until melted.
Calories: 439kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 57mg | Sodium: 586mg | Potassium: 462mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 645IU | Vitamin C: 0.7mg | Calcium: 469mg | Iron: 1.2mg